Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First' approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the globe, assuming that candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone. If you've got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
The Professional Services division is responsible for implementing the Employment Hero platform with customers, and our Payroll Consultant are responsible for gathering information and implementing our Payroll product. As our Payroll Consultant, you will be a primary contact point for customers during implementations. You will work with Project Managers from our HR and Payroll teams to deliver great outcomes for our customers.
You will be responsible for accuracy and correctness in interpretation of modern awards, enterprise agreements and other conditions of employment for clients going through the implementation process, as well as customer satisfaction.
This role is challenging. Many of our customers are not experts in payroll processing or legislative requirements. You will be managing many projects at any one time, and our platform and our business are constantly changing. To be successful, you will need to communicate effectively, influence stakeholders, prioritise tasks, and drive positive outcomes.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Lead the implementation of payroll projects based on payroll best practice
- Be an influencer, presenter, trainer, problem solver and project manager for all things payroll
- Build and manage relationships with a portfolio of clients
- Ensure customer requirements are captured accurately
- Assist with troubleshooting and client queries, and coordinate with internal teams for successful delivery
- Ensure project tasks are completed on time and with accuracy
- Mentor and train Data Analysts to allow them to provide meaningful assistance to the group
- Ensure the data in our business management systems (e.g. sales, support, project management, time tracking) is accurate and current
- Constantly review and improve our delivery processes
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of payroll implementations, payroll consulting or payroll management experience
- Have a deep knowledge of current legislative payroll requirements pertinent to country being implemented
- Have worked with various payroll softwares to therefore have an understanding of different system configurations
- Ability to manage a high volume of project work to meet critical deadlines for multiple and diverse clients
- Strong time management and schedule management
- High level of written and verbal communication including stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management
- Mentor and train other team members
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018