Who we are!
Shippit is a powerful technology engine that is revolutionising how the world sends anything, to anyone, located anywhere. Logistics infrastructure is a sophisticated beast, and we’re not only improving the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner. Our deliveries are already 100% Carbon Neutral. While Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup yet with the security of impacting a growing industry that needs some love and attention.
Watch this - What we do
Your (awesome) team and role!
The Commercial Analyst will ensure that Shippit makes sound financial decisions. Your work, whether it's modelling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on business as usual and special projects, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges. From understanding market and usage trends to exploring the productivity and return of our various investments, Shippit’s Finance team is an important partner and independent advisor to the commercial leaders in our company. You will be responsible for providing deep analytical insight into short term trading as well as working closely with the team to drive longer term commercial insights and plans. You will partner closely with the sales organisation and act as a key advisor to the leadership team on issues such as business performance, market investment strategies, resource allocation, and risks/opportunities analysis.
Day to Day!
* Develop the necessary reporting tools for understanding drivers of performance versus business case assumptions. * Synthesize this information for key business reviews.
* Support our revenue engine by providing timely reporting as well as owning the revenue budgeting and forecasting activity.
* Support critical strategic financial processes such as sales and KPI target setting.
* Provide management with clear insights and recommendations into the business, market trends, risks and opportunities leading to business enhancement and sales actions.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute strategic business initiatives to provide performance and analytical insights.
* Analyse data creatively to find improvements for the business, both on top line and cost side
* Build bridges between technical and business teams in order to get business outcomes
Our ideal Shippster - You!
* Experience in a similar role
* Experience with SaaS, fast growing technology or supply chain/ logistics would be ideal
* CPA / CA / CFA qualified
* Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to build and manage quantitative models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
* Ability to dive deep into the details and maintain a high level of attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
* Experience with financial and accounting systems (Netsuite, Adaptive Insights, Spotlight)
* Strong communication skills and ability to deal with various stakeholders
Life at Shippit, the good stuff!
We have so much to offer at Shippit, it’s almost too hard to list it all in a job ad, so here is what we believe you’ll love:
* CBD office location - state-of-the-art office with all the facilities/ tools you need to get the job done
* Hybrid/ Flexible working - choose whether you want to come into the office or work from home
* Our business is yours - be rewarded with a generous Employee Share Option Plan
* Get fit - we contribute to your gym membership
* Enrich your life - travel and explore the world through the flexibility to temporarily work anywhere, yes anywhere in the world for up to 2 weeks of the year
* Let’s grow together - ongoing professional and personal development opportunities provided
* We love to eat - let us treat you to a delicious lunch once a week, we’re talking trimmings and all. Oh and our pantry and fridges are fully stocked for your convenience
* Family Friendly - we promote a sustainable balance in one's identity as a Shippster AND a parent – so enjoy an improved parental leave policy
* Wellbeing & Mental Health - all newbies start on Wednesday for a shorter first week, allowing time to reflect and rest
… AND MORE!!
Culture Culture Culture!
You’ll be joining a high-performance culture at Shippit, where everyone can make a difference. We’re on a mission that needs the right humans to help make ship happen!
The team behind Shippit come from diverse backgrounds, but all embody the core values that make our business unique. Our mantra is to make ship happen, every single day.
We’re a phenomenal place to work, and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #9 in Linkedin’s Hottest Startups to work at in 2021. It doesn’t stop there, we have a whole bunch of accolades we earnt over the years which we are super proud of.
Watch this - Culture at Shippit
Our recruitment process - we don’t like to complicate things!
1. Phone screening - nice and simple to start, let’s get to know each other.
2. Hiring Manager Interview - impress your potential new Manager.
3. Technical/ Functional Interview - let your skills do the talking.
4. Values Interview - have you got what it takes to be a Shippster?
We are one!
Shippit promotes and supports a diverse workforce at all levels of the company. It is our belief that creating a work environment that enables us to attract, retain, and fully engage diverse talent leads to enhanced innovation and creativity in our products and services. We foster a culture of inclusion at Shippit and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage everyone to apply and please reach out if you require any accommodations or assistance along the way.
In a forever changing automated world, we’re still human at Shippit and we love to chat, so if you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Adam Cox on 0451 652 451.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.