Who are you?
Reporting to the Publisher, the Credit Editor will take ownership of our current loans and credit cards verticals, generating compelling content for both beginner and experienced readers.
You are a master of words, capable of writing and editing high-quality copy in a fast-paced environment. You’re hungry for success, never satisfied coming in second place, and are driven to make complex topics easy to understand for readers. You understand the power of SEO, and know how to reach the largest audience by leveraging every platform at your disposal. You’re passionate about using your skills to help make a real difference to the millions of Finder users.
- Owning the content - You’ll drive the editorial tone, setting the benchmark for Australian loans and credit card comparison. You’ll use your extensive research capabilities to produce holistic & comprehensive content that provides genuine value to our users. This includes writing your own content, editing existing content and work from freelancers, and working with the publishing team and other writers to improve pages, all while leveraging key SEO principles to ensure your work reaches the largest possible audience.
- Content strategy and resource management - The Credit Editor is responsible for formulating a successful content strategy for the niches. Where justifiable, they will recruit freelancers and brief content out, remaining wholly accountable for the commissioned work.
- Knowing the landscape - The ideal candidate will already be well versed in the needs of Australian borrowers. We are looking for someone with a passion for personal finance. A knowledge of credit products, in particular, loans, would be especially well regarded. Regardless of their level of knowledge, the right candidate will be able to demonstrate a strategic approach to learning about their audience and winning over new users.
- Advanced On-Page SEO - You’ll take advantage of your deep understanding of the latest search engine ranking factors to ensure our content has the best possible visibility within search engine results pages.
- Being the voice of credit - You’ll assist our award-winning PR team with ideas and pitches around the space, and be available to promote Finder to external media companies. You’ll work with marketing to develop newsletters and the creative team for social and video pieces. Your knowledge will help our developers build a better comparison engine. From time to time, we may require you to be the spokesperson for money at Finder, so you must be comfortable with speaking to various media outlets.
- Building and leveraging industry relationships - You’ll foster relationships within the loans and credit card industry and connect them to our client services team to ensure they can list their company on Finder to acquire more customers.
Essential Requirements of the role:
- A high level of English literacy and the ability to produce well-written copy every time.
- Extensive experience writing about personal finance and knowledge of regulations and compliance within finance, banking, business or a similar industry.
- Proficiency in Wordpress.
- A history of managing editorial projects.
- An enterprising, proactive attitude.
- A genuine belief in your work and desire to achieve greatness.
- Professional attention to detail and deadlines.
- Competitive, helpful and supportive attitude to our company’s goals.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
Finder is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.