The PR Manager role is responsible for growing brand awareness, backlinks and driving traffic to Finder’s popular money, tech, energy, shopping and insurance categories as well as its Finder app.
In addition to writing newsworthy and compelling pitches and press releases, you’ll be an ideas person who thrives on the challenge of securing media opportunities that get Finder noticed for the right reasons.
You’ll also be a fantastic “people person”, who enjoys mentoring junior staff and assisting in their career development.
- To strategise, plan and execute story ideas, campaigns and projects, including but not limited to press releases, blogs, events and online content
- Respond to media enquiries and make the most of any reactive opportunity
- To increase media relations, build and improve existing relationships
- To uphold Finder’s excellent brand reputation by delivering on media expectations with high quality and 100% accurate insights and commentary, and to deadline
- To collaborate with Publishing and Editorial teams to build content and campaigns that bring in high quality links, traffic and publicity to finder.com.au
- To do whatever is required to move the Finder’s rankings in its hub pages toward the top result on popular Google searches (e.g. best credit card, compare home loans, etc)
- To help make the world of Web3 (blockchain, crypto, NFTs, staking) more accessible to the everyday Aussie
- To assist the Finder app marketing team increase the adoption and communication of the functions within the app (e.g. Finder Earn, crypto trading, free credit score, money management, etc).
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience in Public Relations, ideally with some exposure to the finance space
- Degree in PR or relevant qualification
- Excellent writing skills including creative and unique content
- Experience in editing/subbing and an interest in training junior staff to improve their writing and PR skills
- Interested in consumer finance and related industries
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and on multiple projects in a fast-paced team environment
- Highly organised and keen eye for detail
- Motivated and proactive
- Enthusiasm and willingness to assist PR team with ad hoc projects and to reach its goals
- Flexibility to work outside of business hours as required
Nice to have:
- Mid-level skills in Excel and excellent research skills to analyse data effectively and accurately to find interesting story ideas
- Some exposure to SEO an advantage
- Maths skills a plus as working with survey data regularly
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.