HotDoc’s mission is to improve the health care experience for everyone in Australia—already more than half of Australia’s GPs and 1 in 4 Australians use the platform. Our technology helps better connect patients and doctors by making interactions between both parties accessible and easy across the entire patient journey, from bookings through to post-appointment follow-ups. Now we’re going one step further, developing products aimed at proactively improving patient outcomes by encouraging patients to play a more leading role in the management of their own health.
What’s in it for you
As a Frontend Software Developer working on the Bookings product at HotDoc, you will experience it all! This modern EmberJS application running Octane with Typescript powers all three (and some!) contexts our patients interact with HotDoc; Web, Android and iOS. By joining this highly collaborative, inclusive, and productive team, you will have direct and meaningful input towards building innovative features that improve the healthcare experience in Australia for millions of patients.
What will you be doing?
Your core responsibility will be to plan, implement and release patient facing features on our Bookings product across Web/Android/iOS with EmberJS and Cordova. However no two days will be the same. You will be involved in wrangling HTML/CSS, right through to enhancing push notifications in our mobile apps - and everything in between, ensuring your work stays fresh and exciting within a modern, up to date tech stack.
Your main accountabilities are;
- Implementing and releasing products and features with EmberJS
- Writing and maintaining automated test coverage
- Conducting peer code reviews
- Collaborating with stakeholders and product managers to find, plan and implement solutions that delight users
- Attending occasional customer visits, and contributing to product development discussions with your own idea
What you must have to apply for this role
- 2+ years practical experience in frontend software development in industry (any frontend framework)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and experience with using automated test coverage as a way to maintain code quality and velocity
- Familiarity with Typescript (desirable)
- A CSS preprocessor (Sass/Less/PostCss/ Stylus etc) (desirable)
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- You’re passionate about technology, health IT and/or SaaS
We’ve adapted pretty well to a COVID world. You’ll be invited to many Zoom-based events including (but not limited to) Bob Ross inspired painting sessions, sourdough masterclasses, book clubs and wine tastings. And once COVID settles down, you can also expect:
- Wellness at your keyboard, with in-office subsidised yoga, personal training sessions, Headspace membership, Health Coaching & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that gives you access to a dedicated psychologist.
- Our kitchen is full of fresh fruit, snacks, tea and a serious coffee machine. We also have some particularly talented bakers here!
- Your calendar is pretty full here - end-of-year parties, golf and table tennis, competitions, BBQs and a yearly Talent Show. Friday nights here are also pretty great
- A CBD location, that makes commuting a breeze with new bike lockup and lockers, and a stroll to Southern Cross Station or Flinders Street Station
- We have a beautiful, green and light-filled office on the Yarra River that boasts the best balcony view in Melbourne.
We celebrate diversity, and welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills required, please submit a cover letter and an up to date CV.