Risk and Controls Manager
At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our Finance team applies broad knowledge and experience to support our truly unique and innovative business. The team is curious to ensure the business is supported in commercial thinking, translate complex data into actionable insights, identify and mitigate risks related to leading tech product launches. They partner with all our ICONIC teams to keep our ideas and innovation projects keep on track, managing financial performance and budgetary requirements.
- Partner with the Finance, Tech and Operations teams to implement a best in class internal controls framework. This includes:
- Review of existing internal controls and identification of control gaps, and working with the business on acceptable action plans to address control deficiencies.
- Raising awareness of the importance of controls and embedding controls capability and ownership within the business
- Liaising with the global Finance function to independently validate and report results of the testing program.
- Partner with the Group Risk, Internal Audit and Finance teams (located in London and Singapore) to rollout Group initiatives, including Governance Risk & Compliance framework, Business Continuity Plans, Internal Controls framework
- Play a key role in facilitating the Governance, Risk & Compliance Committee reporting , including preparing quarterly risk status updates and contributing to the ‘top-down’ high level assessment of the organisation’s risk profile by assisting with research into current and emerging risks impacting THE ICONIC
- Coordination of the risk management process with Executive risk owners, including monitoring and reporting of progress on mitigation action plans
- Manage queries from both internal audit and external audit
- Support the development and implementation of business continuity plans
- Assist in the rollout of compliance initiatives, including the development and delivery of communications and training programs
- Undertake other risk management, business continuity, and governance strategies and projects as required.
- Assist in the management of the insurance portfolio for The Iconic, including the insurance renewals program, management of claims and queries from business partners
- Ideally you will have over 5 years industry experience in a similar role
- Qualification in Accounting
- Strong financial, technical and applicable internal audit and risk background
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- An individual who embodies our ICONIC Principles
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19.