Senior Sales Engineer
A little bit about us!
Fupay is a financial technology company operating a lifestyle management platform for Gen Z and Millennials, which consists of a money management solution and a responsible buy now pay later (BNPL) service for everyday lifestyle costs.
Fupay empowers our members to Take Charge of their money by providing them with an automated holistic view of their previous, current and future pay-cycle cash flow. We use a member’s transactional data and machine learning techniques to provide actionable insights, including whether they will have any left over cash or will be short across a number of future pay-cycles. We help Millennials to Live Large and enjoy their lifestyle by spotting a member’s lifestyle costs or a small amount of cash and providing them the flexibility to pay us back over a small number of pay-cycles. In addition to this we help members to save money in our marketplace with cash-back, switch to save and exclusive discounts.
Following 3 years of product development, we have now opened up our platform to everyone, and are looking to add a high performing Senior Sales Engineer to join our talented sales team to promote and educate executive teams of mid-large scale merchants and financial service providers on our Platform as a Service offering that includes personal financial management tools, responsible BNPL and positive collections solutions.
Fupay welcomes candidates from Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne for this position.
A little bit about you!
There is no single must in this role, we are looking for team players with great attitudes, impeccable attention to detail but most importantly, cultural fit. This role will report to Fupay’s Chief Revenue Officer, and you’ll have a great working knowledge of operating environments in relation to the ePayments, eCommerce, financial services and/or fintech industry.
The nice to haves:
- 5+ years total relevant enterprise sales engineer/solutions architect/ solutions consultant experience in a direct sales environment
- Previous experience in the Fintech sector selling to enterprise clients is advantageous
- Large account management or project management experience with the ability to effectively manage stakeholder expectations and priorities
- Consistent track record for achieving targets and closing deals with enterprise clients
- Able to apply rigorous process and logic to solve problems and find effective technical solutions
- Ability to work in a fast paced start-up/scale-up business environment
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively with the wider business, and other stakeholders of various levels
- Working knowledge of common computer applications such as Gmail, Slack and Data Room
- Ability to lead and manage a sales team, if required
- Self-motivation, technical curiosity and an internal drive for success
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity with a sense of humor
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
What you’ll be responsible for:
Strategic Relationship Management:
- Successfully prospect, manage and convert new sales opportunities for Fupay
- Leverage industry research, new and existing networks, cold / warm calling, and attend meetings, conferences and industry events, as well as use other sources to generate sales leads
- Be confident and available to speak and network at industry conferences and events to establish new relationships, build the Fupay brand and uncover new sales opportunities
- Positively manage client relationships through all phases of the sales implementation and account management cycle
- Provide best-of-market service and insights to clients to deepen our relationship with them
- Cultivate and own broad, trust-based relationships across the client’s organisation
- Listen and ask intelligent questions to navigate challenges and objections from prospective clients
Deliver Technical Sales Solutions:
- Lead the discovery process to uncover a prospect client’s business objectives and current pain points
- Build engaging presentations and showcase effective product demonstrations with a focus on meeting the client’s business requirements
- When preparing client proposals include product demonstrations, technical solution design, commercial costings and be able to negotiate key commercial terms
- Demonstrate sound working knowledge of platform products, restful APIs and AWS to find suitable technical solutions to meet client needs
- Act as the communication conduit between the client and internal product and development teams to clearly brief requirements to ensure accurate development estimates and costings
- Effectively and proactively engage clients in discussions on business performance, existing product, implementation of best practices, and supporting our client’s strategic initiatives
- Successfully negotiate contract extensions and expansions on existing accounts
Building Reporting & Insights:
- Build and maintain sales and opportunity forecasting reports
- Build, optimise and maintain sales processe
- Proactively engage the sales team with suggestions and feedback on new industry insights, data and needs analysis to tell stories relevant to specific customer segments
- Use data to build business cases and address customer inquiries or concerns
- Meet individual and team deadlines, and KPIs
- Actively contribute to Fupay’s revenue targets
What’s on Offer:
- Flexible working hours / location – the only fixed time is the morning stand up
- Modern, spacious offices in Brisbane and Sydney
- Friday team BBQ on the river view deck (Brisbane Office)
- Attractive salary and career opportunities in a growing company
- The ability to have a voice to help drive technical decision making
- Regular social events and a keen focus on company culture
Fupay embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Reach out to us today to join the team!
No recruitment agencies thanks.