Dovetail is the leading cloud data analysis and research repository platform. We believe customer-obsession builds the best products, so our mission is to ‘enable product teams to make better decisions through the power of customer understanding’. We think what we’re building is an exciting and brand new category of software.
We’re inspired by the enthusiastic communities built around companies like Figma and Atlassian. Dovetail has already organically amassed the beginnings of a community, with over 2,000 enthusiastic users joining our Slack workspace (join and see for yourself!). This has all been with little focus from us to date. Now, we're looking to bring on a passionate individual to own, engage, develop, and transform our advocates into a world-class community.
Our product-led growth strategy has seen us expand to hundreds of customers like Shopify, Boston Consulting Group, Square, VMware, GitLab, and more. This has all be driven by word-of-mouth and our user's love for the product. We believe that building a world-class community around Dovetail, and research more broadly, is critical to accelerating this growth as we embark on building a new category of software for passionate researchers worldwide.
We’re looking for a superstar to join our small, but growing Marketing team. You’ll play a critical role in managing our online community through the facilitation of discussion, gathering of product feedback, and turning users into Dovetail fans. Get ready to roll up your sleeves up and help take our Marketing to the next level.
What you will do
- Own our online community. You are responsible for creating an online community where product people can connect, learn and engage with others, as well as participate in other online communities where our audience exists. You will facilitate discussions, answer questions, share relevant content and build relationships. You will help to solve the critical needs of product teams through the sharing of using and inspirational use cases of Dovetail.
- Build brand advocates. You will identify power users and brand ambassadors to leverage in programs such as user groups, release marketing, and brand campaigns.
- Gather product feedback. You will build a strategy in collaboration with the product team to gather structured feedback on new features from the community. You will escalate urgent product issues to product and engineering teams. Your efforts are crucial to enable the product teams to build a better product.
- Run virtual events. You will organize events for the community to participate in and learn from. You'll leverage the Dovetail team, community members, and industry leaders to deliver quality content.
- Voice of the customer. You are able to empathize with customers and present meaningful solutions to internal teams. You will deeply understand our customer's needs, challenges, opinions, and usage of Dovetail.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams. Build and implement community programs with marketing, product, and revenue teams. You will not only strategize but roll up your sleeves. Be prepared to execute your plans, in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Deliver timely responses. You'll ensure our community questions are answered in a timely manner, whether through responding yourself or triaging to the appropriate person.
- Reporting. Establish reporting on community performance, focused on the delivery of key metrics such as community size and engagement.
- Become a Dovetail expert. You will develop an intimate knowledge of how Dovetail works, and what Dovetail is capable of so that you can effectively help our customers.
- Strong background in community management, product marketing, communications, customer support, or marketing. You have several years of experience in a customer-centric role. You understand the role of customer feedback in the product development process. You are passionate about building brand advocates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can quickly respond and communicate with internal teams and external parties in a professional and clear way.
- Ambitious and keen to learn. Ambition, eagerness, and the will to learn, improve your skills, and grow alongside an exciting startup as we scale our marketing operations.
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- KitKat days. We understand the importance of mental health and wellbeing. These are extra paid days holiday for the whole company where everyone can take a break.
- Generous equal parental leave. We offer 12 weeks equal parental leave.
- Floating public holiday leave. You can choose to work public holidays and use that day another time in the year.
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance, especially right now. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to work where you want, when you want.
- Personal learning and development budget. We’re a big fan of personal development, and prefer to home-grow leaders rather than filling leadership / management externally.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Surry Hills. With free snacks, beer on tap and drinks, three different coffee machines, social areas, and a rooftop.
- TGIF events. Monthly company wide activities on Fridays for the whole team.
- Salary sacrifice. We have a salary sacrifice policy for work related items.
- Ergonomic office. Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces, to suit all kinds of working styles.
- Pet friendly office! We love dogs and often have dogs in the office.
- Personal development. Regular lunch and learn events, opportunities for presenting at webinars and conferences, and networking through our investor community.
- Annual company retreats. We try to go away every year!