Ailo (https://ailo.io/) is a data-powered platform which makes the property management experience extraordinary. Utilising the largest single set of property management data, Ailo's technology empowers property management professionals to drive growth, improve their performance and increase profits. At Ailo our vision is to use our industry leading data insights and technology to reimagine the property management experience for agencies, landlords and tenants.
About the role
Our Data and Analytics Team is seeking a Senior Analytics & Data Engineer to help architect and build our data pipelines and machine learning capability. This is an exciting greenfields role with the opportunity to be involved in building a new foundational capability right from the beginning.
You are a data engineering expert with extremely strong software engineering skills. You have strong experience with modern data warehousing tools & models, building batch & real-time data pipelines, knowledge of machine learning tools and data science workflows and love working with data scientists & product managers to take models from ideas into production at scale.
- Lead components of the design, implementation and management of data analytics and machine learning engineering capability across Ailo
- Drive the development and implementation of the Ailo data engineering roadmap
- Collaborate with DevOps, Data Science and Software Engineers to architect an integrated app-to-analytics pipeline.
- Champion quality standards for data accuracy and best use practices.
- Contribute to the development of analytics & data science tools that enable machine learning at scale.
- Strong software engineering knowledge and data pipelines experience
- Hands on experience building end to end production grade data analytics and machine learning pipelines in a cloud environment (GCP or AWS preferred)
- Detailed knowledge of big data storage options and their tradeoffs (object storage, data warehouse, NoSQL etc)
- Strong domain knowledge of data modelling and data science workflows
- Experience building or working with machine learning feature stores and/or model stores
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in cross functional teams (both technical and non-technical)
- Strong Python (Pandas, Numpy) and SQL knowledge. Functional programming (Scala etc) experience is highly regarded.
- Expertise in one or more streaming technologies (Kafka / Pubsub / Kinesis etc) highly desirable
- Devops experience CI/CD, Infrastructure as code, Docker etc. a distinct advantage
What’s in it for you?
- At Ailo you will have the opportunity to work in highly collaborative teams that put our customers at the centre of everything we do and thrive on achieving things together.
- We are nonhierarchical, have a flexible working environment and strive to build a culture that empowers, supports and drives everyone to be their best.
- You’ll be helping us choose the tools and technologies to build our business intelligence and ML capabilities to provide powerful and meaningful insights to customers.
- We have a culture of continuous feedback and no blame. You'll need to be comfortable giving and receiving feedback as well as sharing your knowledge and experiences with the team.
Please Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / 3rd parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.