- Start-up backed by Tier 1 Venture Capital firms in the US and ANZ
- Fun and inclusive culture, Finalist of People's Choice Award 2021
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called SpectrumScan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team!
As the Business Analyst / Business Systems Administrator, you will join a technology team in providing solutions and services to a rapidly growing business and in doing so, contribute to the IT Team’s growth as well as your personal development.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who are self-motivated, enjoy working on challenging problems and consider innovative solutions to those problems. You will also need to enjoy working in a fast paced start-up environment.
Inside the Job
The role is a R&D Engineer, focusing on FPGA & ASICs.
- Design, verify and test firmware and algorithms to satisfy requirements for the next-generation LIDAR development
- Design and recommend improvements to all digital signal processes and recommend improvements or alternatives to better system performance
- 4+ years experience in firmware development on FPGA devices.
- Hands on experience related to digital signal processors and/or algorithm design on embedded devices, preferably on FPGAs
- Experience with hardware bring-up, debug and measurements
- Experience in working with digital signal processors, microcontrollers and FPGAs
- Experience in Vivado, Xilinx IPs and Xilinx IP integrator and Xilinx
- Solid understanding of topics like linear algebra, statistics, machine learning, or adaptive filters etc.
- Experience working with algorithms for coherent optical detection
- Previous start-up experience in the same or similar role
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration, especially LiDAR
Be part of a high-performance team.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us.
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you.
- Healthy lunch provided onsite.
- Wellness Budget.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Learning & Development budget.
- Internal progression opportunities.
- ESOP offering & remuneration package.
- Monthly social events.
- Volunteer day.
- Team lunches.
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!