Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Our developer and app partner ecosystem is a key strategic asset to Xero, and one of the largest marketplaces for business apps in the world. It connects millions of small business customers and their advisors to over 1000 app partners and financial services in the Xero App Store, and tens of thousands of users of the Xero API who build value added integrations on the Xero platform.
What we are looking for:
This is an incredible opportunity to lead marketing for the Xero App Store and contribute to the growth of Xero’s platform business.
As the Xero App Store Marketing Lead, you will be responsible for the strategy to generate awareness and drive volume through the Xero App Store acquisition funnel, maximising the purchase of apps from our small business and advisor customers (accountants and bookkeepers) to deliver ecosystem revenue targets.
You will grow and lead a high performing team, balancing strategic and operational requirements to develop and execute the Xero App Store marketing and growth plan - delivering digital, brand, education, content and campaign initiatives. You will analyse and interpret performance metrics, market research and competitive data to identify opportunities, prioritise activity and inform your plans.
What you’ll do:
Your core areas of responsibility to drive growth through the Xero App Store include:
• Develop, lead and execute the Xero App Store marketing and growth strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders, ensuring alignment to business objectives. Including:
➣Roadmap of targeted campaigns and initiatives to drive awareness and acquisition
➣Growth model for full funnel optimisation
➣Always on digital demand gen utilising a variety of paid, organic and owned channels and backed by an effective content marketing strategy
➣Event, webinar and partnership opportunities
➣App education and enablement for advisors, sales teams and SMBs
➣Customer and market research to inform marketing strategy
➣PR and comms tactics to amplify apps and the Xero App Store brand
➣Ensure alignment with regional priorities and global marketing teams, coordinating execution to maximise efficiency.
• Coach, inspire and motivate a high performing and diverse team - with a focus on career and skills development and progression.
• Collaborate with comms, digital, regional GTM and vertical marketing teams to co-design and deliver targeted campaigns to grow awareness of the Xero App Store, promote apps and grow app subscriptions.
• Drive the content marketing strategy, maximising impact and relevance through effective storytelling and thought leadership across digital channels
• Monitor and report on funnel performance metrics, with regular updates to the GM Marketing & Growth, ecosystem leadership and other key stakeholders
• Foster a culture of data-driven decision making and customer-first thinking ensuring all marketing activity is benchmarked, measured and optimised
• Plan, manage and operationalise a multichannel marketing budget to deliver targets
What you’ll bring:
• Minimum of seven years relevant marketing experience
• Analytical and data driven, with strong competency in digital marketing, demand gen and reporting
• Proven ability to inspire, coach and lead a high performing team across geographies
• Success in senior marketing, strategy and go-to-market roles, directly influencing commercial outcomes
• Experience developing marketing and campaign strategy, segmentation, positioning and messaging
• Track record executing effective acquisition campaigns utilizing digital channels (paid media, organic, social, email), offline and traditional media channels, PR, comms and content
• Ability to analyse and interpret performance metrics, market research and data to identify opportunities, prioritise activity and inform your plans
• Experience with marketing automation software and analytics such as Google Analytics and Mixpanel
• Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic, faced- paced environment, switching rapidly from strategy to execution
• Creative with a curious mindset. Unafraid to take calculated risks to test something new
• Excellent communication, storytelling and influencing skills with the presence to engage effectively with executive-level management
• Experience in SaaS or a high-growth tech business is highly sought after
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.