At Ackama Group, we believe technology can make the world a better place. We design and build web applications and websites for diverse clients in many industries. Our focus is always on doing the right thing for our people and our clients.
We strive to build solutions to client problems which find the right balance of speed of feature development, sustainable maintenance and ease of scaling. We also support our apps in production for most clients. We have offices in Melbourne, Wellington and Christchurch. We’re first and foremost a service delivery company.
Ackama Group consists of two brands under its name - Ackama and Common Code. Common Code joined the Ackama family in November 2022!
This acquisition of Ackama and Common Code, was an exciting development, bringing two teams sharing the same ‘tech for good’ ethos together, with both companies specialising in using technology for positive societal outcomes. The two companies have worked with numerous organisations on projects to help improve aspects of our society.
It now means we together have a team of over 80 people, leveraging and strengthening both companies’ expertise in Product Management, User Experience, Cloud-native Development and DevOps – all areas that are in strong demand from clients.
About the Role
We believe that great people can always find their place. Individuals thrive when they can be authentic and true to themselves.
At Ackama Group, we are currently recruiting for a permanent full-time position of Head of Energy. This role is fully remote, with the option of co-working space available.
Sales and Marketing
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
May be assigned account managers and/or business development managers by COO based on sector size
A role you’ll love:
Your role as the Head of Energy is to grow the Energy sector sales account for the Common Code and its parent company, Ackama Group through the development, implementation and execution of a sales strategy.
It is expected you will:
- achieve your set strategies by managing a high-performing sales team as well as your own individual contribution
- thrive in an intense business environment, and will have a solution-minded approach towards the problems faced by the team and organisation
Your responsibilities include the:
- Creation and development of the organisational sales strategies with the Chief Operating Officer
- Create, manage, and grow high-level professional relationships with clients, ideally across divisions and at C-level.
- Both lead and support team members with the development of new client accounts.
- Design and execute the various aspects of the sales processes implemented by the company.
- Come up with creative ideas to boost the company’s sales revenue by analysing sales strategies and making improvements where necessary.
- Mentor team members to ensure that the relationship between the company and its clients is strengthened over time.
- Direct competitor analysis and find key areas where the company can grow market share and cement a leadership position in the market.
- Track Energy sector team and individual team member performance.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members, realise their potential, and provide improved results to the company.
- Keep track of relevant changes within the Energy sector and target sales verticals to ensure that the company can tap into market opportunities as they arise.
- Contribute to sales team recruitment.
- Work in collaboration with the leadership team and other departments within the company to avoid conflict of interest and to align the efforts made towards the company’s growth and development.
- Can effectively build personal brand in strategic areas via writing, speaking or community building. Improve Ackama's brand and name recognition in the government and enterprise sectors.
- Team reporting on sales and activity
Your key performance indicators (KPI’s) will be focused on measuring and monitoring:
- Revenue growth
- Execution of sales strategy
- Differentiation and sustainable growth
- Sales Forecast accuracy and maximisation of profitability
- Balance of supply and demand within the business through revenue forecast accuracy
If this kind of work gets you excited, we'd love to hear from you!
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We're open to all backgrounds and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via this page.
Our process will generally be as follows:
- A screening interview with our talent team
- First thorough discussion with our Chief Operating Officer (COO-Jamie Baddeley)
- A final chat with our Chief Operating Officer (COO-Jamie Baddeley) along with our Chief Executive Officer (CEO-Breccan McLeod-Lundy)
We promise to be respectful of your time as an applicant while trying to be as thorough as possible in finding the right fit for our team.
Applications only from candidates who are legally entitled to work and are already based in Australia or New Zealand please, with a preference for Melbourne based candidates as ideally they can meet the clients in person as and when required.