Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
As one of Afterpay’s Operations Support Officers, you will be responsible for liaising with customers, external collections agencies and customer service teams to facilitate collections activity and reduce losses. You will be part of a growing team who will work on outcomes of customer disputed liability claims mainly through administration, in accordance with our company guidelines. We are looking for someone with great communication and written skills that is looking to join a dynamic team. This role is an initial 6-mont contract.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Develop strong and courteous relationships with customers and vendors
- Negotiate solutions with more challenging customers and vendors
- Respond to all enquiries and complaints from vendors, customers and their representatives within agreed SLAs
- Liaise with finance for the reconciliation of customer and vendor accounts
- Process transaction disputes (Chargebacks), LOAs, bankruptcy and early fraud detection to mitigate losses
- Process and finalise bankruptcy notices
- Conduct investigations into fraudulent activity and providing a prompt and clear outcome to customers within agreed SLAs
- Collect information on theft from victims by phone or by direct interaction and analyse identity theft information to understand the seriousness of the theft
- Maintain a database of theft case information for timely retrieval and analysis
- Timely lodge Unusual Activity Reports (UAR) to the AML Team to meet AUSTRAC reporting requirements
- Look for process improvement to reduce handling time and improve customer experience
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- You are able to effectively and quickly form relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- You have excellent attention to detail as this role is highly administrative
- You’re able to grasp the importance of adhering to regulatory guidance regarding Unusual Activity Report (UAR) filings as they relate to fraud, and internal compliance standards and guidelines
- Some understanding of the debt collection and National Consumer Code guidelines would be beneficial but not necessary
- Your experience in call auditing will be put to good use
- You have good judgement, problem solving skills and strong analytical ability
- You follow through, you show up, and make it happen, fast.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply:We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!.
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices