Amazing Kids Parties are the largest children's entertainment company across Australia. We are looking for a Warehouse Assistant / Team Leader to work with our Sydney based team and be responsible for storage maintenance, organising equipment movements, costume deliveries and even hosting amazing events. This is a really great opportunity to get involved in a fast growing company!
On any given day you could be delivering supplies to other entertainers, hosting an event, recruiting and training new hosts, or hosting a team building experience! We want someone energetic and fun who can represent Amazing Kids Parties with our customers and other team members.
About Amazing Kids Parties / AmazingCo
AKP was founded in 2009 in Melbourne by Silvia and Jeremy with a focus on running disco parties for kids! With Silvia's experience with working with kids and Jeremy's experience with sound and disco equipment our first parties were a hit with lots of happy kids and parents wanting to rebook.
Since then, AKP has expanded exponentially with our team developing different party packs including Pamper, Cooking, Challenge, Science,
Crafts, lots of different characters which eventually expanded across Australia, New Zealand and the US. 2020 saw the launch of our Virtual Parties, Virtual Classes and Hosted Virtual Events expanding across the world.
The AKP head office is based in Abbotsford in Melbourne and we have a Team Leader in each city to help entertainers with training and getting organised for each party.
Through our years of providing kids entertainment we have developed a great reputation thanks to all our hard working entertainers making thousands of kids happy each weekend and also due to our fabulous sales team delivering excellent customer service and our operations team providing high quality equipment and costumes.
We are looking for a Warehouse Assistant and Entertainer in Sydney, New South Wales
What you’ll be doing:
- Equipment deliveries
- This is not an office job! You will be out on the road meeting our entertainment team and making sure they’ve got everything they need for the coming week.
- You’ll work with our City Manager and entertainers to organise the equipment and costumes for each week and ensure our CRM database is accurate at all times
- You will be responsible for maintaining the Warehouse in Waterloo and ensuring it is organised and clean at all times.
- You will ensure all our equipment and costumes are is good condition, reporting any damaged items, stocktaking, replacing or repairing goods (if your good with a needle and thread, it's an added bonus! )
- Our ideal candidate will be a shining example of an excellent host!
- You will regularly get 10/10 feedback from customers who love your energy and enthusiasm
- Interest to lead Team Building activities for adults and Hens Parties experiences such as "Amazing Race'
- When we need to expand our team of hosts and/or entertainers you know what to look for! You’ll be helping to run activities during the recruitment round, and running training sessions to help new team member build up their core skill sets
How many boxes do you tick?
- Flexibility! This role is not a 9-5 office job, and you couldn’t think of anything worse! You’re available to work throughout the week as required and at times that suit you. Consistent weekend availability is highly desired.
- Confidence and energy - this role requires a brilliant FUN personality
- You’ve got strong problem solving skills and remain calm under pressure
- Well organised, attention to detail and great communication skills
- You are a fast learner and looking for a varied role where no two days are the same
- Ability to work autonomously but also a genuine belief that teamwork makes the dream work
- Interest to host virtually hosted events added bonus!
- A reliable car and current drivers license ESSENTIAL
- Working With Children's Certificate (or the ability to obtain one)
- Some weekend availability
AmazingCo is an amazing place to work! Everyone in the team plays a critical role in the company and we invest heavily in growing our team member's responsibilities. The company is fast paced and ever evolving. Due to the high growth, including international expansion, we're able to offer great career opportunities, experience in child care and performance, costuming depending on which avenue you'd like to take.
- Attractive salary, based on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity for serious growth. We’re not kidding, we have seriously ambitious plans and are so excited to find the next brilliant mind to join us.
An extremely rewarding hands on role with the ability to make it your own! If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
Job type: Casual part time - Approx. 12 - 20h p week
Please attach a cover letter addressed to Emma outlining your previous experience and why you think this role is right for you!!!