- Looking for two DevOp Engineers to join our team
- Newly created role with global reach
- Work 100% remotely or spend time in one of the city-based small offices
- Join a fast-paced growth tech business in a critical role
We're a mission-led cloud-based construction tech startup. Sean McCreanor (co-founder and CEO) started Assignar in 2014 after experiencing the painful lack of offerings available to him as a contractor to run his own business operations. Cut to present and Assignar works with hundreds of customers, ranging from multinational, multi-billion-dollar companies to specialist contractors.
We’ve found product-market fit: Assignar is an all-in-one platform, now leading the way in digital construction operations built for contractors. We enable teams to have real-time visibility on jobsites to successfully schedule the right workers to the right projects, track equipment efficiently, and make well-informed, data-driven decisions for future projects.
We’re well funded. In 2021, we raised a $20 million Series B funding round. Investor demand was so high that in late 2021, we raised a $16.5 million secondary round. Our investors include Fifth Wall, Tola Capital, Ironspring Capital, OIF Ventures, Tiger Global, HighSage Ventures, and SecondQuarter Ventures.
At Assignar, we believe that there is a lot of overlap in responsibility between DevOps and Software Engineers. We need you to have the same belief.
About our Engineering Culture:
- The best ideas win - no matter who or where they may come from.
- Problems not solutions - engineers focus on solving problems, not building solutions handed to them. No one wants to be a code-monkey.
- Move fast and iterate - we strive for continuous deployment enabled by healthy testing, monitoring, and feature flagging. Quick progress is better than waiting for perfect because you don't know what perfect is.
- Strong opinions, loosely held - we're all passionate but open-minded, both are essential to building a successful and talented team.
- Shipping is just the beginning - Are customers using the feature? Do we see a lift in metrics? Was our hypothesis right? It's not just about writing code or deploying features, it's about making an impact.
About the role:
As a key member of the Assignar Infra team, you will work on delivering the reliability, automation, and cutting-edge self-service infrastructure that powers our ability to enable our product and deliver outcomes for our customers.
- Experience managing, configuring, and supporting cloud environments in AWS
- Experience using and managing relational databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with git, github, and version control best practices
- Knowledge of cloud deployment tools and methodologies (preferably Terraform and CloudFormation)
- Experience in Docker container administration with AWS Fargate
- A basic understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, and load balancing technologies
- 2+ years building web applications (preferably using Python or NodeJS)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, continuous deployment environment
- Experience with implementing, and tuning monitoring tools and alerts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a quick study and have great attention to detail
- Should be excited about taking ownership and delivering solutions autonomously
- Willing to be on-call and experience responding to urgent issues in a responsive, respectful, and communicative manner
How we care for our team:
Starting on your first day with us, Assignar offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Remote-first culture with optional pet friendly co-working spaces. We encourage people from all locations in Australia to apply.
- Flexible work hours
- Up-skill training opportunities, coaching and training
- Equity - Everyone owns a slice of the business, no matter how senior you are or what role you’re in
- Social events - regular team events in various locations
- Laptop and Swag
We value inclusion and diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. If you feel like you don't meet all the criteria above, please apply anyway! We don't want that to get in the way of meeting you.