As a business development representative at Josef, you will bring your outstanding people and commercial skills to build relationships with prospective customers and drive sales.
Josef is a VC-backed start-up, and we’ve been growing rapidly since launching just under two years ago. Our customers range from the top global law firms and in-house legal teams at major corporations, to the world’s best law schools and legal aid organisations that help society’s most vulnerable people.
As a member of the business development and growth team, you will qualify sales opportunities and build a high quality pipeline for the team to meet our growth goals. You will also collaborate with the marketing and customer success team to ensure prospective customers have a great experience.
What you’ll do:
- Use your communication skills, commercial instincts and judgement to qualify inbound leads and their legal tech needs.
- Learn how Josef works and speak to the value of the platform and automation to prospective customers.
- Generate new business by prospecting outbound opportunities on the phone.
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop and execute lead generation campaigns and business development materials that turn prospects into satisfied customers.
- Use CRM tools and data to track sales team activities.
- Leverage your people skills to represent Josef at events and conferences, and build strong relationships with prospects, partners and referrers.
- 1+ year experience in a similar role or environment (sales experience will be highly regarded, but training will be provided as required)
- Appropriate experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-player with a willingness to pitch in where needed
- A hunger for knowledge and a keen appetite to learn
- A passion for building rapport and strong, long-lasting relationship
Nice to have
- A legal qualification, or similar experience that demonstrates your understanding of the legal profession and the legal market will be highly regarded. Please note, experience as a practising lawyer is not required.
- Experience in sales prospecting and cold calling. This is not a smile and dial role, but we want to know that you’re comfortable picking up the phone to have a chat with sophisticated legal professionals.
- Let us know if you’ve used customer relationship management tools (CRM) before!
Who we are
Josef is a legal tech startup, founded by three friends with a dream to make legal services more accessible for everyone.
The Josef team is exceptional, fiercely creative and driven to make a difference in the world. Because of this, our culture is open and we expect everyone to be a leader.
We are a group of friends from a range of different backgrounds. We value and celebrate diversity, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive, flexible and happy environment for all employees.
What we do
The majority of people who face a legal problem do not get help from a lawyer. And for those who do, many find the experience expensive, uncertain and confusing.
Josef’s mission is simple and ambitious: to make legal services more accessible for everyone, no matter who you are. Josef’s platform allows lawyers to easily build, launch and scale automated legal services and in a short time, over 75,000 people have sought legal assistance from Josef bots.
We’ve also expanded around the world – with customers from New York to Melbourne and London – and across the legal industry, from top global law firms to legal aid organisations helping society’s most vulnerable.
What to expect
- Meaningful, purpose-driven work
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- Flexible and remote work environment and options
- Competitive salary
- Top-end tech equipment
- Investment in your career growth and development
- Regular reviews with your manager to ensure we’re both kicking goals and meeting mutual expectations
- Company events, like team offsites, Lunch & Learns and social outings
- The ability to help us determine the future direction of the company