Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role:
This is a brand new position in our global Product Risk and Compliance team within Product Operations and is a chance to build something brand new from the ground up, within a world leading product organisation. There is some flexibility for where the role is based, with anywhere in the Eastern side of Australia being possible for remote working or office locations in Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane or Adelaide.
You'll be responsible for the implementation and management of a product risk management framework and monitoring plan across Xero’s product space which will help elevate our Product teams’ ability to deliver beautiful and trusted product experiences globally.
Working closely with the Head of Regulatory Risk and Governance and within a globally dispersed small specialist team, you will work as a trusted partner with senior stakeholders across all areas of Xero and your influence and support of our product teams will ensure best practices are implemented and risks are more transparent and easier to navigate.
Some of the types of projects you may be responsible for across product risk are likely to include building out the product risk register and related processes, managing the business continuity plan for Product and building our process around how we manage and monitor critical 3rd parties. New areas of focus and key projects will allow you to really excel and grow in this space.
We are specifically looking for someone who has specific experience operating in a risk related environment and role similar to this - you will also bring solid project management, delivery and reporting experience. Any previous experience and or knowledge of Xero’s products is a distinct advantage.
You’ll have outstanding communication skills (written and spoken) and an exceptional ability to self manage and drive outcomes. You will be a team player and be well known for a human and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Join an inclusive, diverse team with talented people from all over the globe
- Be part of a work environment that truly encourages continuous improvement and lots of collaboration between teams and departments
- Contribute directly to our product vision that “Xero is recognised as a world class product organisation: enabled for innovation and operational excellence, with our people doing the best work of their lives”
- Let us support your growth with training and development
- A competitive base salary, fantastic company shares on top and life insurance too
- A virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of, or set up of your at-home work station should you choose to work from home
- Your choice of a top-of--the-range MacBook or Windows laptop
- 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks wellbeing leave, a lifestyle leave program to purchase extra, and the best parental leave program around- That’s just the tip of the iceberg - there are plenty of other perks too!
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.