Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and United States, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
We envision a world where small businesses can compete on a level playing field with the big guys. Sendle is a fast-growing business with bold ambitions and big dreams. Plus, we’re Australia's first 100% carbon neutral shipping service and a certified BCorp.
In the last year alone, we’ve made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to successful launch and operation in the US. We also launched major partnerships with eBay and Shopify recently, too!
But most importantly, we’re a bunch of good people doing good work. Wanna join us?
What you’ll do
Sendle has an extensive network of courier partners that we need to continually improve and optimise. This role requires a problem solver with an analytical mind to be able to move from transactional to strategic in order to build customer-courier solutions.
- Work closely with Sendle’s special Delivery Project Team to achieve network related Cost To Serve (CTS) reduction strategies.
- Undertake proactive and root-cause analysis at an operational and data level to identify recurring cases and network optimisation opportunities and design simple, practical and creative solutions to optimise network.
- Manage projects related to network improvement and optimisation and liaise with the relevant stakeholders for their implementation.
- Drive and undertake specific analysis related to domestic and International network expansion strategies and new network partners and products.
- Manage testing and implementation projects related to domestic & international network expansion strategies and new network partners and products.
- Manage testing and implementation projects related to plugging leakages
- Travel to courier depots to resolve operational issues with our Courier partners, where practical and required.
- Actively participate and contribute towards the design, development of domestic & international Network Strategies and network priorities.
- Work closely with VP Network and Courier Manager to build and maintain strong relationships with our existing Courier partners at senior stakeholders and account management levels
- Work closely with the network team to ensure all network processes are documented and updated in a timely manner.
- Provide support and assistance in testing and implementation projects related to price revisions.
- Closely work with the network & delivery team to ensure Sendle’s network is always aligned to consistently deliver excellent and seamless customer experience.
- Handle unresolved escalations and assigned escalations keeping self and courier accountable to the agreed SLA’s.
- Support Courier Manager to proactively monitor and manage existing courier performance and holding them accountable for agreed SLA’s.
- Responsible for keeping the relevant stakeholders informed about Network events/changes
What you’ll need
- A consultant mindset and approach and an engineering background
- A masterful approach to problem solving, preferably with experience in six sigma/lean methodologies
- Relationship skills that build broad internal and external networks helping to resolve complex issues
- A perspective that moves from the transactional to the macro level to address customer-courier challenges
- A deep curiosity to understanding customer’s needs, and equally investigating how to reach resolutions with courier services
- You’ll need to enjoy technology and have excellent software skills
- You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, changeable environment. You’ll enjoy minimum viable process (and sometimes have to build a process), and will look for ways to improve, save time and do things smarter
- You’ll need to be a positive person who is diligent, has a 'never give up’ attitude and loves the detail
- Working as a part of a team will be something you love, curious about how to connect with the ideas and knowledge of others to always be building better solutions and outcomes
What we’re offering
- A chance to do the best work of your career with a supportive team
- A generous personal development budget
- A flexible, digital and remote-first environment to work in
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.