Moodle with us!
We're the world's most popular learning platform and we’re on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is the world’s most trusted online learning solution. The engine of our ecosystem is Moodle LMS, the secure and customisable open source learning management platform used by over 250 million learners worldwide. Developed in conjunction with our community, Moodle LMS is complemented by an ecosystem of products including Moodle Workplace and a network of partners and services providing hosting, customisations and support. We also teach and support educators to create effective online learning experiences and share open education resources. Collectively, we empower educators to improve our world.
We’ve built a passionate team of hard-working and driven people from all over the world, united by a shared belief in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference to our world. We respect our colleagues and value an open and innovative workplace, filled with integrity and of course a strong focus on education (yes, these are our company values!)
Find out more about us on our website.
What your new job can look like…
Most days can involve a mix of:
- working within your team and improving the Moodle LMS.
- implement front and backend for major new features based on UX prototypes.
- collaborating with your team members, other teams and the Moodle community.
- contribute to building a component library for the Moodle platform that will be used by developers worldwide as the source of truth for their Moodle UI developments
- writing automated tests.
- ...and having a laugh with your team...
*Important note! This role can be based in most parts of the world! In Australia or Spain as a permanent employee, or elsewhere as an independent contractor. Just let us know where you are when you apply :)*
We'd love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Experience developing Moodle customisations, plugins or themes
- Good knowledge of:
- ES6, RequireJS
- CSS extension languages & Bootstrap
- Developing performant and accessible user interfaces
- Experience working in a large-scale development environment
- Ability to organise your own workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fluency in English
Extra awesome if you:
- Have contributed to other open source projects
- Have experience writing unit tests and behat tests
What's in it for you?
We’ve already talked about the importance we place on achieving our mission to empower educators to improve our world and our passion for our values.
So what about this?!
- a truly flexible working environment
- a fully remote role!
- gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers
- ability to work with a global team on a worldwide platform and make a real difference
- the knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals
Does all this sound good? If yes…
- Click on the following link to apply
- Add your resume and anything else you'd like to add… in English, please
- Press send.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Moodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Moodle is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Moodle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Moodle will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Moodle encourages applicants of all ages.