Prospection is a pioneer in healthcare data analytics. Using predictive analytics and machine learning with real-world healthcare data to unearth insights that help research, develop and target better healthcare outcomes for patients.
We analyse large health care data sets (script claims, EMR, Registry, Insurance, Supply Chain, CRM) to provide real world evidence insights, improve medication utilisation and health outcomes.
Founded out of Sydney’s Cicada Innovations in 2012, Prospection works with government, pharmaceutical companies and the medical community across more than 70 therapy programs, including immuno-oncology, HIV and hepatitis, in Australia, UK, USA and Asia Pacific. Prospection is backed by Ellerston JAADE, Main Sequence Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
About the Opportunity
The User Experience Designer works with customers, internal stakeholders and cross-functional partners to develop and execute on holistic UX vision and strategy across our product offerings. The role drives user research, prototyping, design, and other activities that support a high-performance culture of experimentation and innovation.
In addition to establishing and driving Prospection’s ongoing transformational journey, the User Experience Designer will be a significant contributor to Prospection’s growth into global marketplaces.
Specifically, this role will be working with teams to prototype and test the use of complex data structures and compelling visualisations for customer and market validation. Using rapid iteration and testing techniques to find the best fit for the global markets.
This person will work with the UX team crafting the vision for design at Prospection, creating inspiring and innovative experiences for our customers, experiences that improve time-to-value and make the use of our products a desirable, everyday component to improve the health outcomes of people all over the world.
The successful applicant will bring a customer-centric research approach and ruthless (though pragmatic) insistence on execution excellence, being a highly collaborative and results-oriented team player, capable of driving change and delivering experiences that are measurable and drive higher engagement with Prospection’s products.
- Help drive the design of intuitive, quality products through collaboration with end users and modern software development teams.
- Evolve the development culture to appreciate the value that comes from having a thorough understanding of customer needs, both existing and potential, and uses that knowledge to help design enterprise products that provide Prospection customers with rich, easy-to-use tools for achieving their desired outcomes
- Present complex design concepts, user needs, and design rationale to multidisciplinary leadership teams, as well as to key stakeholders and business partners
- Help define Prospection’s product strategy and vision for a world-class web and app experience ensuring that it is tightly aligned with our brand.
- Lead the design and documenting of a cohesive set of research principles and guidelines that can be utilized throughout Prospection’s products to ensure consistency of in the way we conduct research.
- Position a compelling rationale for these guidelines and work with UX, PM and Engineering teams to ensure adoption and execution within the product development teams.
- Become the champion of our customer and represent their needs and their voice in the product and user experience design process, by leading and directing user testing and usability research both in-person and online, effectively managing internal and external resources to deliver insights and actionable results that are shared throughout the business and lead to recommendations for product and business stakeholders to act on.
- Ensure effective reporting and resource planning processes across all areas of the position’s responsibility.
- Flexible and remote working options- Based in Sydney, we are hiring wherever you are! Our team is fully supported and successfully working remotely and from home, delivering on projects around Australia
- Stimulating and diverse problems to solve- Improving healthcare outcomes through data driven insights and RWE
- Great team culture- Supportive, fun and food loving and creative
- Lots to learn- Strong knowledge sharing team culture, Hackathons and industry experts in Data Science, Product and Engineering
- Rapidly scaling!- Grow your career as we grow, here in Australia and overseas!
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Swift and strong prototyping skills of complex interactions
- 10 or more years industry experience and a degree in Computing, Psychology or related disciplines (e.g. multimedia, human factors, information systems), or equivalent industry specific experience.
- Post-graduate degree in a related field would be highly regarded
- Recognition as a leader in the field with demonstrated success at a senior level in developing and delivering leading-edge research strategies designed to engage audiences and drive business operations
- Demonstrable success in developing and leading innovative product development projects
- Strong project management and organisational skills together with a track record of successfully leading and managing significant change
- Communication, influencing and negotiation skills of the highest order together with the proven ability to engage and collaborate with, and gain support from, internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Solid understanding of design thinking and how to apply it in agile software development
- Familiarity with modern software development processes and how research, product management and UX teams fit into the agile process
- Expert knowledge of user-centred design principles, UX best practices, trends and emerging technologies
- High level conceptual and analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to take a lateral approach to problem solving.
- Creative, proactive, with solid problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills for presenting and selling ideas.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to excellence and initiative for process improvement.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up to date resume
Note: Our team is fully supported and successfully working and delivering on projects around Australia. The health and wellbeing of our employees and clients is important to us, we have implemented and continue to practice COVID safe policies, informed by the health advice obtained from NSW Health and Federal Government Health Agencies.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and learn, and pay respect to the First Nations Peoples and their elders, past, present and future.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form