Seer Medical is a Melbourne-based medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. Through award-winning medical devices, mobile apps and software solutions combined with an extensive research and development program, we are shifting the patient center of care from the hospital to the home.
Our mission is to open up access to brain, heart, and respiratory monitoring that is traditionally only offered through hospitals. We do this by creating medical products and services that transition hospital-based diagnostic testing into the home setting.
When you join the Seer team, you become part of a tight-knit group of people intent on making a big impact in the world.
The validation and usability engineer role is a part of the Product team, where our focus is to simplify complex medical technology and translate research into industry-leading medical devices and cloud-based solutions.
Our team moves our products from the conception stage through to design, manufacturing, product assurance, and, finally, to global sales and distribution.
In this role, you will:
- Design and execute validation and usability tests to fully functionally test new products and technologies, to ensure smooth and successful commercial release.
- Design appropriate design validation, field evaluation and usability tests to ensure that new technology meets the high standards required for commercial release.
- Collate and analyse collected data, identify/resolve potential issues and advise management when new developments are ready for commercial release.
- Collate and analyse data on newly released products and technologies, to identify and proactively resolve potential issues.
- Interact with clinical staff to review testing progress, and make changes to the test structure/processes based on subject or team feedback.
- Ensure all user testing complies with safety standards and privacy and confidentiality laws, practices and regulations globally. This includes reviewing data collection and storage policies.
- You have a degree in engineering or healthcare technology.
- You are well-organised and have experience in report writing.
- You have great time management skills and are able to act without guidance.
- You can identify problems and use these to recommend and implement improvements.
- You have a valid driving license and active driving experience (desirable).
- You have experience working in or around a hospital system (desirable).
- You are comfortable working inside a linux shell (desirable).
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Contribute to the global impact our groundbreaking products and technologies are making.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
- We’ve been awarded over AU$2 million in government fund grants towards new product innovation, manufacturing, and research in the last two (2) years
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association
- Our products and technologies are listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods, have earned CE accreditation, and are currently being evaluated for FDA approval.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.