We are Skedulo, the world leader in scheduling and workforce management software for the deskless worker as we continue to scale we are seeking a Lead Frontend Engineer to join our Australian team.
As Lead Frontend Engineer you will be required to drive execution and delivery for our Scheduling squad consisting of other engineers, product managers, designers and QA. Additionally, you will act as the technical leader across our Frontend Guild, driving best practices and standards, ensuring there is a high level of communication and collaboration across the guild.
The Lead Frontend Engineer has end-to-end responsibility for features of increasing complexity. They are responsible for complex tasks and complete them despite roadblocks, grabbing others for help or insight as necessary. The Lead Frontend Engineer requires very little oversight beyond high-level direction; they can take a complex user story, break it down into sub-tasks, and complete their sub-tasks with relative ease; they know when not to write code, when to delete code and when to question assumptions and proposed solutions before implementing.
- Day to Day
- Writing and reviewing code from the sprint backlog inline with frontend guild best practices
- Driving squad sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers or delays for their work (or ther squads) before they require escalation.
- Technical Duties
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical discussions / decisions that impact their team.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
- Communication & Leadership Duties
- Communicate within your team in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non technical subjects.
- Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Mentors more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner.
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Build strong professional relationships across product, design, and engineering to deliver high quality software.
- Must have at least 5+ years commercial experience working with Frontend Frameworks
- Must have at least 3+ years commercial experience in React / TypeScript
- Must have at least 3+ years working front end unit testing frameworks (ideally Mocha or Jest)
- Must have at least 3+ years writing UI and integration tests
- Must have at least 2+ years working in a similar technical leadership role
- Must have at least 2+ years working with agile development methodologies
- Preferred candidates will have a team player mentality, quick on their feet, agile, and aren't afraid to speak up and voice their opinion.
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience setting up and contributing to CI/CD environments
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience with CSS Preprocessors (ideally Sass)
- Preferred candidates will have experience with Reactive programming pardigrams suchs as RxJS.
- Preferred candidates will have prior experience working with GraphQL
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Flextime - 2 days in the office & 3 days work from home
- Competitive salary
- 10 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 8 Days of public holidays per year
- Stock Options/ Equity
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax