HotDoc is changing healthcare by bringing in a modern, easy and accessible digital experience for managing how you visit your doctor. We take pride in helping over 20,000 Practitioners across Australia boost patient loyalty and provide proactive, sustainable healthcare to over 10 million patients.
What's in it for you?
You will be responsible for designing, provisioning, monitoring and maintaining cloud based infrastructure which is integral to the HotDoc Patient Engagement Platform. You will be working in a team of dedicated Security Engineers to help HotDoc achieve its mission to improve the health care experience in Australia.
HotDoc serves over 18,000 General Practitioners and 6.5 million patient users across an online, multi-user SaaS application.
What will you be doing
- Responsible for the design, creation, configuration and delivery of cloud infrastructure environments using automation best practices and a proactive strategy.
- Automating the infrastructure built in public cloud environments.
- Automating operational processes relating to infrastructure.
- Developing and driving improvements, maintaining/monitoring production and non-production systems, ensuring platforms perform with a focus on availability, reliability and security.
- Automating business continuity/disaster recovery procedures.
What you must have to apply for this role
You must have demonstrated experience in systems engineering and cloud automation, be a critical thinker and a scripter with strong coding skills that will be used to automate repeatable tasks.
You must also be highly organised with strong communication skills and a mindset for continuous improvement.
- 3+ years of SRE/DevOps production operation in diversified cloud environments.
- Knowledge and experience with container orchestration.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge and experience with infrastructure as code and demonstrated experience with Terraform.
- Knowledge and experience with build automation & tools around monitoring and operations is a bonus.
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- You’re passionate about technology, health IT and/or Saa
What do our employees love about working for HotDoc?
- We are an employee first company - to provide the best possible patient experience, we need to look out for our employees
- You will have the flexibility to work from our office which is full of natural light, lush greenery and a balcony that overlooks the Yarra River and to work from the comfort of your home.
- We have drinks on our balcony every Friday night.
- Our kitchen is full of fresh fruit, snacks, Kombucha & serious coffee machine. We have free breakfast on a Monday and free lunch on Fridays.
- Your calendar is pretty full here - we have monthly events (think beer tasting, cooking & painting master classes) that you can enjoy from the office or the comfort of your own home & movie nights, book clubs, guest speakers.
- Access to a fortnightly fItness subsidies, yearly mindfulness subsidy, 2x weekly in-house yoga sessions, health coaching and access to nutrition and exercise advice.
- Access to a dedicated clinical psychologist through our Employee Assistance Program.
Watch a video about what it is like to work at HotDoc here
HotDoc is a place where you can be you.
We celebrate diversity at HotDoc and completed a Census in 2020 which is our first step to transparently reporting on diversity data gathered annually from all employees.
We welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you would like to find out more about our Census results and how we celebrate diversity, please click here.