We are ROLLER
Want to make it simple for people to have fun?
ROLLER is a cloud solution used by theme parks, water parks, museums, trampoline parks, climbing centres and many other exciting businesses to sell more than 50 million tickets last year in over 20 countries. Our POS, self service kiosk, online checkout, mobile apps and a variety of business management tools are used to manage ticketing, payments, capacity, staff and guest experiences.
What you’ll do
You will build elegant solutions with code to solve problems primarily focused on our APIs, Payments and Integration Services, Reporting Data Platform, and contribute directly to the success of our customers by:
- Designing, building and maintaining secure scalable software.
- Evolving the platform to enable our global customer base to deliver world leading guest experiences.
- Troubleshooting and debugging production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Inspiring quality by advocating software craftsmanship, agile best practices and continuous delivery/deployment techniques.
Tech you'll use
On a daily basis you'll be utilising your skills working within our ecosystem of applications, services, and infrastructure using a combination of C#, T-SQL/SQL Server and harnessing the multitude of services offered by AWS including Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3 and SQS.
We are always on the lookout to take advantage of new and emerging technologies and services that allow us to innovate faster and offer our customers high quality experiences.
As a .Net Software Engineer you are:
- Adept in software engineering practices with +4 years experience.
- A meticulous and detailed-oriented mindset, with a passion to continuously learn & develop
- Fluent with C# and .Net Frameworks up to .Net 5.
- Experienced with SQL Server, modern ORMS, and optimizing TSQL.
- Experienced with continuous delivery and automated deployments, CI/CD
- Proficient with AWS, or other cloud platforms such as Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
And it’s great if you have:
- Experience working with modern, cloud based architectures, and making them faster, scalable, secure, and fault-tolerant
- Experience with Angular, AngularJS, Typescript
- Deep subject matter expertise in creating solutions for one or more of - transactional business solutions, payments processing, big data or high availability and performance cloud infrastructure
We are a team of people that are always motivated and inspired by the positive impacts we bring to our customers and our industry, successful members of the ROLLER product team are:
- Extensively experienced in designing and implementing software solutions.
- Self-starters who discover practical solutions to hard problems and enjoy minimizing complexity along the way.
- Curious and thrive on being involved, with a desire to collaborate with teammates distributed across nations and timezones.
- Egoless, team-oriented people focused on successful outcomes.
- Love learning new things and encouraging others to learn and share.
- You want to do the best work of your life with other like-minded people
Life at ROLLER
We are dedicated to creating an exceptional, flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, improve it, put your stamp on it! But don't take our word for it - check out our Glassdoor reviews
Where you’ll work
The Product team is predominantly based in Melbourne, however this opportunity is relevant to candidates located in any region within UTC +8 to +12. Employees are able to work from home or we can organise space in a suitable co-working facility.
- Work on an exciting product, in a fun, high growth industry, that clients really love - check our Capterra and G2 reviews
- Work from home allowance
- Access to your own Pluralsight subscription to continue improving your skills.
- Regular events, fun social sessions and a full employee assistance program to actively support our teams health and wellbeing
- Work with a driven, fun and switched on team that works and plays hard
- Genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand.
Having fun is at the core of both our mission and culture. Whilst ROLLER is a young and energetic company, we’re actually 10 years old, profitable and backed by highly successful private equity investors that have funded multiple other unicorn businesses.
Our market opportunity (TAM) is $3B annual recurring revenue and we’re growing fast, awarded Deloitte Tech Fast 50 2019. We’re on track to achieve our 2030 goal of $200m annual recurring revenue [just 8% of TAM] - yep thats a unicorn🦄
We’ve weathered the eye of the COVID storm, retaining our entire team, grew our customer base whilst and procured critical people, processes and systems to grow exponentially in 2021 and beyond.Find out more about ROLLER