At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion, sports, home and beauty.
Our Buying team works collaboratively to liberate and inspire our customers, selecting the best and latest products from the most desirable brands. I AM ICONIC - Beauty your way! From beauty balms, Make-up, body scrubs, wellness supplements, hair treatments to a collection of chic nail lacquers, THE ICONIC is your one-stop shop for all beauty essentials.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join our ICONIC Beauty team, if you are a highly skilled Buyer and are OBSESSED with all things BEAUTY and WELLNESS be part of a team that dream BIG and apply now for this amazing opportunity.
- Own and drive multi department strategy, vision and budget planning (Wholesale, MP, Hybrid) in conjunction with Buyers, Planners, BM and CM
- Full ownership of Beauty trade, including replenishment, stock swaps, RTS, CAYG in order to hit approved budget
- Mentor and guide Junior Buyers and Buyers to purchase the most relevant range for our Beauty customers
- Identify and implement best practices in buying principles with the ability to scale departments in a profitable manner
- Actively contribute to brand acquisition and creation strategy supporting Buyer/ Buying Manager / Category Manager as required by identifying new potential brands
- Support all facets of contract negotiations with new potential brands
- Support brand onboarding procedures and contracts
- Support and develop relationships with internal key stakeholders (such as Marketing, Vendor Management, Finance)
- Present monthly forecast to Senior Management interpreting performance using a detailed understanding of the WSSI and key levers of trade within department in collaboration with planner
- Maintain strong brand relationships with strategic and profitable outcomes
- Constantly challenge the status quo to drive efficiency and improvement in processes
- Uses clear customer focus to identify opportunities for improvements/ expansion to the customer onsite experience
- Local and international market, trend and competitor knowledge relevant to the ANZ market
- Identifies promotion/marketing opportunities for the division in order to drive sales and provide a competitive and exciting retail experience for the customer
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills/attributes:
- 3-5 years experience as a Category Manager or Senior Buyer within the Beauty industry is a must!
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with a large portfolio of Beauty brands
- An acute eye for current and future trends with the ability to back your judgement
- Strong communication and negotiating skills
- Experience creating and driving a Buying strategy
- Commercial analytical/reporting and numeracy skills
- Team leadership experience with the ability to mentor junior team members
- High motivation, independence and resilience
- Exposure to online buying would be highly advantageous
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- A Customer focused approach
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.