Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s new Media Strategy Manager you will partner with the Marketing and Sales functions within Afterpay to help create world class Co-Marketing campaigns. This includes how we use performance data, insights, first party audiences and research to develop a playbook for how we drive merchant performance across our owned operated media channels, as well as how we partner with merchants to provide guidance for merchant owned media channels. The aim of your role and team is to arm our internal partners with the tools to differentiate Afterpay from competitors.
We are looking to support merchants at scale, through playbooks that can be leveraged by partner marketing to address enterprise merchants. We also want to drive processes that can scale as we look to incorporate new media channels into our comarketing offering.
The ideal candidate for this role will be grounded in understanding media planning, hands on ability to manage audiences in the CDP, and collaboration in how we support various partners across the business. This is a permanent position and reports into our Media Strategy & Insights Lead.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- This role will support in driving Media Strategy for Afterpay’s ANZ Region, including CDP operations and owning the Audience Taxonomy, building playbooks for co-marketing to drive performance and business growth, and providing the measurement framework for ANZ co-marketing campaigns
-Collaborate with members of the Partner Marketing team to recommend media tactics, insights, or optimization that help our merchants deliver upon our strategic partnership goal
- Partner with Global Growth, Analytics, Product and Sales to enable the scaling and improvement of the media activation process
- Understand alignment in Merchant Performance goals and internal metrics, to ensure co-marketing efforts drive positive outcomes for both sides of the partnership
-Partner with Data Science and Analytics to evolve our audience and insights to support the business
- Help scope measurement framework and build out playbooks for new channels, industries, and products as we continue to grow the Merchant Co-Marketing platform
- Ensure we are building scalable process for improvement of media activation
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for and experience in media planning, strategy and/or media insights
- Experience working in global environments managing multiple markets and stakeholders
- Past experience with campaign management or media planning for Paid Social, Influencer Marketing, and/or email marketing campaigns
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of MMM and MTA media measurement
- Ability to translate performance results and insights into actionable media recommendations
- Experience working with DMP/CPD platforms such as Tealium, Neustar, Adobe, or Salesforce Krux
-Proficient with BI - Tableau, Looker, or Dom
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and prioritize across competing performance metrics and campaign goals
- Deep analytical mindset with great attention to detail
- Proficiency in SQL is preferred but not required
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organization and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave (AU only)
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply:We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.