Are you a Technical Project Coordinator looking for an exciting challenge in a new industry? Do you have experience with complex embedded software / hardware projects and keen to take it to the next level? Do you want to embed yourself in a deep-tech company and work with the brightest engineers from around the world? Then join Morse Micro, Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup. Morse Micro is building the next generation of Wi-Fi chips that will revolutionize the Internet of Things (IoT). Think of ultra-low power Wi-Fi chips that reach 10x further and cover 1000x the volume of conventional Wi-Fi deployments.
You will report to the Technical Project Manager and will work closely with our engineering teams to help with the planning, development and delivery of complex wireless chips.
This position is located in Sydney, Australia and is available immediately. We are open to sponsoring a work visa for the right candidate.
- Play a key role in technical project planning across the company.
- Working with engineers to uncover and understand dependencies, workload and timescales.
- Translation of technical requirements and deliverables into detailed project plans with measurable milestones in Smartsheet.
- Tracking of progress of tasks, features & bugs in Jira and helping the engineering teams to re-adjust the plans and realign priorities.
- Supporting engineering managers to allocate resources within their teams to best achieve project deliverables.
- Provide insights to the Technical Project Manager on how to fine tune relevant processes to streamline efforts across our various engineering teams and global offices.
- Be the driving force behind getting stuff done efficiently and on time.
Essential skills (you must have these skills to be considered):
- At least 3 years experience in technical project coordination in complex software projects and/or hardware projects.
- Exceptional communication skills, an understanding of what motivates people and empathy with the people you work with.
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex tasks and projects into manageable and clear objectives for various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to work with input from a range of stakeholders including engineering teams, marketing, management and customers.
- The ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as business requirements change.
- Ability to present facts often and respond to questions from Management Teams on a frequent basis.
- Experience with project management software such as Smartsheet, MS Project and Jira (or similar softwares)
- Bachelor Degree in Project Management, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
Bonus skills (if you have these, you can stand out among the crowd but don’t sweat it if you don’t):
- Experience in the semiconductor industry.
- Deep understanding of hardware, software and/or wireless systems.
Who we are:
Morse Micro is a fabless semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to innovate and invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA) and Hangzhou (China).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Potential to sponsor a work visa for the right candidate
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Office perks such as stocked drinks fridge, snack bar and barista coffee
- Newly fitted-out offices, with a relaxed, friendly work environment
To apply submit your CV and cover letter and tell us why you would be a stand-out applicant for the role of Technical Project Coordinator at Morse Micro.