Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Graphic Designer, In-store, you’ll work with our in-store VM & Education team, Creative Leads, Brand, Retail Marketing, B2B, and product teams as well as external agencies to create and implement world-class visual VM & Education training materials on our mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Take our in-store visuals strategy & mock-ups to be executed across the retail environment
- Take responsibility for the execution of the graphic VM design changes to our Visual suite, across a broad range of instore touchpoints (physical & digital) while working closely with the VM team & inhouse creative brand studio
- Ensure tonality across our VM & in-store training material are aligned to our brand and design guidelines
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement as we grow and scale our ANZ VM suite & In-store education materials
- Generate design specification documents and playbooks
- Craft beautiful presentation decks using Google Slides and keynote to tell a great visual story
- Create digital media and experiential design for events or conferences
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have solid experience in graphics both print and digital (flyers, in-store graphics. animated ads, e-newsletters, social media creative and website interface graphics)
- Your experience in a VM retail environment is preferred but not essential
- You have strong abilities in Adobe Creative Suite especially InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Your animation and video editing skills are at an intermediate to advanced level
- You’re highly organized with the ability to prioritise daily workload and multiple briefs across various mediums
- You have strong communication skills and a sense of professionalism and flexibility when receiving constructive criticism and requested edits
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.