Make an impact and help shape our future in our Engineering team. You’ll have flexibility, freedom, and the ability to influence one of Australia’s fastest growing wellbeing & safety businesses and help us scale to support millions of users. You’ll produce, review and document standards-based, high-quality, optimised code, and collaborate across the broader development team and delivery cycle as well as assisting in the design of the mobile solution architecture.
What you’ll do
- Participate actively with other engineers and stakeholders to ensure Sonder systems and apps address the needs of the business and the end-users
- Grasp project requirements and communicate needs to others
- Follow software development best practice to produce well structured, well documented source code
- Ensure automated tests meet the required quality and coverage
- Contribute to the software development life cycle, including the planning, analysis, design, development, integration, testing, deployment, and maintenance of software applications for a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Implement required functionalities
What we’re looking for
- Talented front-end Engineer with experience in web application development
- Experience with ReactJS, however experience with Angular or Vue will be well regarded
- You will have the opportunity to work with RESTful Microservices API, Google Maps, real-time positioning and, navigation
- Understanding of Test Automation (Mocha/Chai or similar)
- Contribute quality code in our multi-functional team
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, IT or similar field are desirable
What can we offer you?
You will work with a collaborative, vibrant and passionate team of experienced professionals, inside and outside of the Engineering Team and as we continue to grow, there will be plenty of development opportunities.
- Modern offices based in Waterloo
- Flexible work arrangements
- Induction and onboarding designed to make you succeed in your new role
- Catered lunches
- Social events and clubs
- Bring your dog to work day
- Stocked kitchen with access to all the snacks you need
- Showers available for anyone cycling to work or gym goers
Join Sonder’s innovative movement and feel empowered everyday knowing you are contributing to making the world a safer place.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Police Check and Working With Children Check
Sonder is a data-driven, human-first wellbeing company; helping organisations re-imagine their people’s health, wellness and safety. The heart of the solution is a technology-driven platform supported by medical and mental health experts - available every minute of every day. Their mission is to achieve the right outcome for a broad range of wellbeing and safety issues, from mild to severe. Aggregated data also provides organisations insights to reduce people-related risks and drive decision making, supporting leaders to confidently create a brighter future for their people and their organisation.
- Over 400,000 members from 90+ countries since launch in 2017.
- Over 200 staff, with an international responder network of ex and off-duty emergency services personnel.
- Trusted by major corporations, education providers and Government to enhance wellbeing across the world.