Xinja is building Australia’s first 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a bank with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Developing the first neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
As the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of all third party vendors used to support business processes and services at Xinja.
Xinja is a start-up, therefore any role can be very broad and you need to be happy and willing to work in a variety of disciplines and should expect to get stuck in – this is a hands-on role!
To be successful in this role you must have solid vendor management experience, strong stakeholder management, excellent communication and negotiation skills, and an attention to detail especially from a compliance perspective. You will be responsible for ensuring we meet all of our key regulatory obligations as part of our outsourcing arrangements.
- Responsible for managing and governing a portfolio of strategic business & technology vendors
- Manage the on-boarding of new vendors to ensure compliance with the Outsourcing Policy & Supplier Management Process
- Act as a central interface between business application owners, risk management, legal & compliance, technology (operations & projects) and vendors
- Negotiate contracts
- Implement and manage vendor management plans
- Ongoing monitoring of vendor performance including regular review processes of vendors to ensure performance requirements and service levels are met
- Manage the dispute resolution process
- Ensure vendor compliance and regulatory adherence
- Build and maintain relationships with appropriate levels of regular contact with the vendors. This will range from daily operational contact to senior management involvement
- Generation of comprehensive monthly reporting to senior management
- Ensuring data quality & currency in tools to allow for accurate reporting.
- Degree qualified
- Extensive and proven experience managing vendors, preferably in a financial services and regulated environment
- Strong business acumen
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of stakeholder relationship management including at senior levels
- Excellent strategic agility, critical thinking, communication, and influencing & negotiation skills
- Familiarity with best practice vendor management frameworks & tools
- Good understanding of cloud based technologies and SaaS concepts
- Ability to identify problems, propose solutions and drive through to resolution with minimum supervision.
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here