Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpays Privacy Manager, you will join a globally aligned privacy function to support the management and delivery of our Global Privacy Management Framework. In this pivotal role you will report into our Senior Privacy Manager, partnering with multiple business units as a privacy champion!
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Support the delivery of our strategic privacy programs of work
- Support privacy compliance monitoring and reporting processes
- Manage and conduct privacy risk assessments (eg. Third parties, projects and initiatives)
- Be a privacy champion, delivering privacy advice and culture building initiatives with the business
- Draft privacy policies, procedures or guidance
- Manage privacy matters as they arise
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for privacy and experience in the field
- A degree or certification in a relevant discipline will be highly regarded (CIPP/E, CIPT)
- Experience in a high growth technology or financial services environment will be highly regarded
- Strong project management skills and a sense of ownership over your work
- You have a can do attitude, like to learn new things and be challenged
- You enjoy problem solving and are creative yet also strategic
- You follow through, you show up, and make it happen, fast!
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organization and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave (AU only).
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply:We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one.