Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe. Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
As part of Afterpay’s Mobile Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for developing software to enhance the Afterpay Mobile App delivering value to Customers. We are building the Afterpay native apps from the ground up. We operate in a fast paced and constantly changing industry and development and maintenance of effective software is key to the ongoing success and future growth of the business. This is a perfect role for Engineers who thrive in a fast-paced environment where they are working with current technology and where their work matters and is appreciated.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
· Mobile development using Kotlin and related open source technologies
· Be open to using eXtreme Programming (XP) engineering techniques of Software Development’
· Foster the use of agile practices of Software Delivery
· Work in cross-functional Product teams responsible for the discovery, delivery and validation of product features via microservices, APIs, web and mobile apps
· Work with the software engineering team following our software development principles, guided by the Team Lead, Staff Engineers and Architects
· Peer review design decisions, code, automated tests and documentation
· Participate in the ongoing design and architecture of our evolving core platforms, services and applicationsEnsure that solutions developed address a variety of concerns, including performance, scalability, availability, accessibility and security
· Collaborate with product managers, experience designers & business stakeholders to build efficient and reliable feature implementations that will delight our customers
· Ensure that story estimates and code reviews are completed in a timely manner
· Collaborate and build strong working relationships with Mobile Engineers in our other engineering centres and teams in San Francisco
Who are you?Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe. You will also be or possess:
· A naturally curious and self-driven individual
· Participate in designing our strategic mobile architecture
· Experience delivering and supporting applications on Android
· Solid understanding of how to build testable, decoupled, maintainable code
· Experience working within an agile environment, using XP techniques (TDD, pair-programming, CI, etc)
· Understanding of integration technologies: RESTful JSON APIs, GraphQL, gRPC
· Experience with version control, preferably Git
· Exposure to Continuous Integration & Delivery will be highly regarded
· Willingness to learn and apply new methodologies and techniques as required
· An understanding of best practice UX design would be well regarded
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. Once we are back in the office you will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Southbank and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 26 weeks paid leave. When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply:We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices