Fleet’s mission is to Connect Everything using cutting-edge communications and space technologies to enable the next industrial revolution.
As the Principal RF Payload Engineer you will be leading a team of engineers tasked with the development of Fleets next generation satellite payload. You will need to demonstrate experience in the design and production of RF communication payloads, preferably for satellites or long-range communications. Excellent collaboration and leadership skills, along with a positive attitude are critical for your success in this role.
- Support the Engineers in the payload team to managing the system engineering of a mission payload, leveraging your technical expertise.
- Assess payload developer progress.
- Provide technical review of payload development activities.
- Provide detailed reports of progress with technical evaluation of risk and impact.
- Identify and elevate technical and programmatic challenges.
- Communicate scheduled verification events to your team, witness testing and review verification data.
- Communicate technical and process issues; prepare and update “plan of action and milestones” to resolve payload integration issues.
- Lead system-level impact assessment of payload performances.
- Masters or PhD in a related discipline
- 10+ years' of relevant industry experience
- Expertise in digital communication payloads
- Expertise in Antenna and RF design
- Practical skills on radios and antenna design, manufacturing and testing
- Experience documenting payload requirements/specifications
- Experience tracking and maintaining activity schedule, budget and project status
- Experience working with relevant space industry standards and quality environments
- Experience with space-worthy communications unit, subsystem, or payload integration
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Fleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Fleet is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
This role is located at Fleet's Headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia.