From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a Senior Relationship Manager to take responsibility for growing and expanding our key strategic partnerships across a defined portfolio of merchants both online and instore and exceeding profitability targets for Afterpay and our partners. Based in our Sydney office, we are looking for a person who will effectively run a business within the Afterpay ANZ business. You will lead the direction and evolution of our vertical strategies and own the growth and development of your portfolio, identifying opportunities for establishing best practices that scale across the wider business in the process. You will be responsible for applying your previous experience building relationships with key people in enterprise level organisations to drive growth and profitable outcomes.
What you’ll be doing
- Grow and develop long term profitable partnerships that deliver for our merchants, our customers and Afterpay
- Lead and manage complex internal and external relationships, up to executive level
- Manage a complex portfolio and lead the development of multi-year account plans, which includes analysis of overall portfolio and performance
- Deliver a proactive customer growth strategy to drive merchant usage, satisfaction, and revenue growth across our current contracts and new opportunities
- Develop and refine our Merchant Value proposition instore and online
- Lead Merchant advocacy within the Afterpay business
- Foster cross functional engagement internally across Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal, Risk and Operations to ensure our product and offering continues to evolve and exceed both our merchants and their customers’ expectations
- Proven capability in a client-facing Senior Sales or Enterprise Account Management role
- Experience successfully engaging at executive levels and growing and developing large enterprise level accounts (multi-million dollar accounts)
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to manage complex enterprise relationships globally across all internal and external stakeholders and build advocacy
- Thrive in a fast paced and high growth environment, with the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Experience in payments and ecommerce with an understanding of retail will be highly regarded
- Proven ability to effectively manage a complex portfolio while delivering top results
- A track record of identifying opportunities and seizing them
- Experienced building out Go to Market plans and programmes that deliver strong results and that scale