Founded in early 2015 and based in Sydney, Hireup is a trusted online platform and community for people with disability and their families to find, hire and manage support workers that fit their needs and share their interests. Whether it’s support with getting to work, catching a local footy game or taking the scenic route, Hireup gives people with disability the tools to live the most flexible, seamless and supported life possible. With over 100,000 registered users and support workers in communities all across Australia, Hireup is a national network of local supports. As a purpose-led organisation, we promote a culture defined by its humanity, curiosity and creativity, and allow this to infuse our services, product and people.
At Hireup, we understand the important role technology, and specifically, digital product plays in connecting people. For our team, it’s not only about creating the most elegant, intuitive, accessible and powerful peer-to-peer platform in Australia, but to ensure we are building an efficient and lean model that maximises choice and control for both Australians living with disability and their support workers. The team is passionate about solving complex problems and love being able to see the direct impact these solutions have for the thousands of people in Hireup’s rapidly growing community.
As a Principal Android Engineer, your primary focus will be the Hireup Android app. This is a greenfield project and it will involve both architecting and implementing product features that will deliver significant business and user value, as well as owning and guiding the technical direction of the Android codebase.
- The big pictureJoin one of Australia's fastest growing tech companies - winner of the 2018 Google.org Impact Challenge
- Architect and build a modern greenfield Android app
- Make meaningful social impact through your work
- The roleLead the development and implementation of a native and modern Android app
- Guide the technical direction of our Android development efforts
- Help with and guide architectural decisions
- Collaborate on shared concerns between other mobile platforms like iOS
- Keep abreast of news and updates in the Android ecosystem, and communicate relevant information back to the product team when concerning Android technology
- Be a key stakeholder in what it means to be a quality Android app within the wider Android platform
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to ensure optimal user experiences in an Android and mobile context
- Maintain a strong focus on well architected, readable, maintainable, performant, and appropriately abstracted code
- Grow our general development capabilities and help build a culture of innovation and technical excellence
- Interact with other teams including Finance, Service and Customer Experience to take a cross-functional approach to building new features for our community of users in our core application
- The personSolid experience with Kotlin, Java, and the Android SDK as well as Android Studio and related Android developer tooling
- Knowledge of the Android device landscape in terms device makers, sizes, versions, sdks
- Knowledge and interest in the latest technologies affecting Android development
- Strong understanding of good development practices
- Understanding of TTD, and the experience to implement well tested code
- Knowledge and appreciation of good architecture and how it relates to product outcomes, speed of delivery, maintainability, performance, and developer experience
- Experience in configuring build and tooling pipelines
- A collaborative approach, with experience working in an Agile team environment
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Keen eye for detail and strong sense of responsibility
- Strong connection to, or interest in building an understanding of the Australian disability sector and community
- Approach work with high-energy, drive and internal motivation
- Exhibit adaptability, resilience, transparency, trustworthiness, passion and innate curiosity
People with lived experience of disability strongly encouraged to apply.
The position is full-time and the salary will be dependent on experience. For more information about the role and how it fits within Hireup, contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Jess Houlton via [email protected] or 0436 450 457.