Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Reporting to the Brand Marketing Director ANZ, with 3-4 direct reports, this position is responsible for driving the strategy and implementation of Afterpay’s presence on social and develop Afterpay’s content strategy across all channels.
Most importantly you will be accountable for developing a publisher-like content section within our app that we can monetize. Your core objectives will be to build the Afterpay brand through social and content, which will result in consideration and usage.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Lead the owned-channel content strategy & calendar for ANZ - including in-app, social & CRM.
- Develop rigor to ensure content strategy capitalises on consumer trends, cultural highlights and retail events;
- Move Afterpay from being seen just as a brand with marketing budgets, to being seen as a publisher with which other publishers will want to work with.
- Directly lead a team of 3-4 people and be a virtual senior marketing leader through many high-profile projects you will spearhead.
- Be the linchpin between teams who rely on owned channels: Trade, Social/content-hub, Brand, Co-marketing, lifecycle, Money.
- Develop reporting for initiatives to both measure success and to optimise programs. This is a hands-on responsibility that will require you to lean-in and collate - insights, develop plans and ensure they are well-coordinated across teams.
- Lead the social program and grow Afterpay’s status as a “brand celebrity” in the social space.
- Drive our newly established social strategy with the support of your social team, agency partners and brand studio;
- Drive always-on social programs which both grows the brand but also help the business reach GMV goals in a way that is natural to social channels.
- Create extremely innovative programs for tent-tole moments which get is famous amongst existing and most importantly, new audiences;
- Develop and innovative influencer program which takes the success we’ve developed over the past 12 months and takes it to new heights - ideally delivering incremental results with flat or reduced budgets.
- Monetize our social channels through merchant co-marketing programs which deliver results for partners and ideally profitable outcomes so budgets can be reinvested into Afterpay’s brand campaigns;
- Take the newly delivered “Content Hub” and make it into one of the most compelling online publishing spaces in ANZ.
- Plan and develop content that will be highly appealing to our target audience and will allow us to capture a significant amount of organic search traffic;
- Develop a program for tracking, measuring and optimising content;
- Innovate the platform itself, working hand in glove with the product team to create a roadmap of developments that will ensure the platform is superior from a UX and innovation point of view.
- Develop the content advertising value proposition that’s is saleable to merchants and even brands who may not even be Afterpay merchants;
- Create the commercial offering for ads and monetize the platform through programmatic advertising solutions;
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
·An entrepreneurial-spirited individual who is ambitious, resilient and highly influential to drive results in a highly fast paced and performance driven environment.
- Significant experience in digital publishing including content planning, managing writers, publishing operations and reporting.
- Exceptionally strong digital capability as it relates to website content e.g. SEO optimisation, website development fundamentals and product management.
- Extensive experience leading the process of commercialising publishing/social channels for third-party brands.
- Track record of developing “fame driving” creative that gets attention and disrupts - ideally a very strong sense of what’s on trend amongst Gen Z’s and millennials.
- Advanced knowledge of all things social media, including strategy, management innovations measurement. Ideally experience both on client side as well as agency side.
- Versatility to be passionate about ‘getting in the weeds’ and driving strategy, as needed.
- A strong independent thinker with extensive stakeholder management and influencing skills; who is able to challenge thinking to promote an innovative culture.
- Exceptional project management experience and proven ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Data driven with a keen eye for detail and process improvement andoptimization.
- Appropriate qualifications and/or experience in the field.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!