Who we are
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Australia in 2012, Rokt now also operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, HPGoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With annual revenues of more than $100M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in both Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ NYC and ‘Great Places to Work’ US . Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role - Identity & Attribution Team
Rokt is looking for a Software Engineer to join a small team of Rokt'star engineers.
You'll be part of a team that's passionate about the software and systems they engineer. We care deeply about providing simple, robust, reliable management of the data that drives Rokt's growth. We are keen to work with talented engineers in a highly collaborative working environment where we can augment each other's skill set.
You will be deeply involved in the design and implementation of systems to facilitate the flow, transformation and storage of Rokt's data, securely and at scale. This is a hands-on role where you will be expected to contribute at every level of the design and implementation.
You will also be expected to bring extensive hands-on experience with AWS services such as (Kinesis streams, Lambda, EMR, Redshift, ElastiCache) and big data processing technologies like Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Storm, Flink and Hadoop.
You will be joining a team containing a range of programming language experiences including Scala, Java and Python. We apply cutting-edge technologies to various problems we are looking to solve.
You also should have worked in an Agile environment and are familiar with Agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban etc.
If you are interested in joining our team please forward a CV and cover letter. Also feel free to pass on additional supporting material such as Github links and/or evidence of contributions to community software projects.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Write and maintain program code to meet requirements and technical specifications
- Implement tests to verify incoming and outgoing data, calculations and reports
- Write AWS CloudFormation stacks to automatically spin up and tear down infrastructure
- Set-up deployment pipelines including logging and alerting
- Work with the rest of the team to elaborate, find and solve issues and improve overall quality
Capabilities & requirements
- 5 years of relevant commercial software experience.
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience or demonstrable aptitude.
- A keen interest in the latest software engineering technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Java and/or Scala.
- Relational database design and management; Postgres, and/or AWS Redshift.
- Knowledge of alternative data store systems ("NoSQL").
- Strong background working on large scale Data Warehousing and Data processing solutions.
- Strong experience in Big data processing technologies like Apache Spark, Apache beam, Storm, Flink or Hadoop map reduce.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud platforms.
- Functional programming experience.
- CI/CD such as Buildkite, CircleCI, Bamboo or a similar platform.
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies with Docker, bonus: Kubernetes.
- Experience with graph databases (Neptune, Neo4j, Dgraph).
- Able to understand and articulate complex ideas clearly.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status