Who we are
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of USD$150m+ and a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce. Learn more at rokt.com
About the role
We are looking for a talented engineering manager to join our Data Integrations team. This team is critical for the successful integration to and from our clients data platforms and is a key component of Rokt’s Customer Data Platform. We are looking for engineers who are able to wrap their heads around incredibly complex challenges and come up with elegant solutions that transform our clients’ businesses.
You will be expected to apply your strong engineering, problem solving and leadership skills to prioritise and execute on new feature development and improvements to the existing platform. This will include working closely with the Product team to help prioritise and translate feature requests into clear engineering requirements, collaborating with your team of engineers.
You will be leading a team that forms a cohort of high performing teams across a multitude of disciplines within the Customer Data Platform. You will work closely with your peers to ensure we are driving towards sustainable system architectures and organisational structures.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Ensure the sustainability and robustness of the Data Integrations platform:
- Identify and propose improvements to the current system architecture that emphasize reliability and scalability.
- Grow and mentor the team:
- Ensure continuity and ongoing career development for the team and the members within it.
- Improve the product to increase velocity for client data integrations:
- Develop tools and practices to improve the Operations team's efficiency, fix bugs, develop new features.
Capabilities & requirements
- Problem solving:
- Learns quickly: demonstrated ability to quickly understand and absorb new information. Passion for technology and eager to dive-in to figure out how things work.
- Analytical skills: able to process both qualitative and quantitative data and draw conclusions from it.
- Attention to detail: does not let important details slip through the cracks. Is on top of what matters to successfully deliver a project.
- Planning: plans, organises and schedules in an efficient and productive manner, understanding business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behaviour
- Resilience and tenacity:
- Adaptable: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Efficiency: able to deliver value in a rapid yet sustainable manner.
- Proactive: take ownership of the initiative and bring forward solutions.
- Persistence: willingness to see activities through to completion.
- Emotional intelligence:
- Ability to develop other team members and work as part of team.
- Communication: speaks and writes succinctly and clearly.
- Listening skills: seeks to understand others.
- Knowledge and Experience (list in order of importance)
- 5+ years experience within Software Engineering
- 1-3 years experience within a engineering leadership role
- JVM, Web development (Angular), AWS, experience with Clojure is a plus
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.