Hi, We’re hipages
We're Australia's largest online tradie marketplace, where our team gets to help shape the on-demand tradie economy. Over 3 million Australians have used hipages where a home improvement job is posted every 20 seconds.
How you will make an impact:
As a Head of Product Engineering at hipages, you will develop, communicate, lead and execute our technology plans, with a focus on quality, scale, and operational delivery. You will be responsible for all aspects of Product Delivery in hipages. You will be key to fostering the communication between technical and business teams, and providing strong leadership in delivering initiatives in our high–growth and agile environment, and evolving our system of work to support lean product development in a cross-functional team environment.
- Lead and grow the Product Engineering team;
- Ensure that all the cross-functional Product Delivery teams are delivering their roadmap in time and manage stakeholders’ expectations on delivery;
- Actively manage trade-offs on time, quality, scope and cost between teams in Product Delivery
- Line management and personal development of engineering managers and individual contributors - coaching, mentoring and fast-tracking their development;
- Take responsibility for the continuous improvement of our agile and lean system of work for product delivery within hipages Group;
- Strengthen our culture of evolutionary technology practices, by drawing on your experiences to drive change;
- Audit and pragmatically introduce best practice measurement, monitoring and automation;
- Continuous evaluation of the Scalability and Performance of our apps and platform;
- Actively contribute towards the evolution of our technology stack and continuous improvement of developer toolsets to increase productivity;
- Actively drive the team during ideation and implementation phases;
- Liaise with our offshore delivery partners to ensure the effective and efficient operation of our distributed teams.
- Minimum 10 years experience working at startups, scaleups, and/or digital/technology companies, with 5+ years experience managing, mentoring and coaching engineering teams;
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional teams, responsible for end-to-end delivery and operation of their slice of the product;
- Experience creating a culture of high performance;
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement in lean and agile systems of work;
- Strong communication skills, adapting to your audience;
- Brings a pragmatic mindset to solving problems;
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building, employee coaching, and mentoring;
- Excellent organisational management and stakeholder management skills;
- Experience building cloud-native software;
- Managed complex technical projects from discovery to production, in a continuous delivery environment.
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems and jump on new opportunities
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages and other great perks such as 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks
- Inspiring office and location-based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station
- Remote work and flexible work (50/50) hybrid model
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration are two important core values at hipages which both cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas, and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend only to apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!