Technical Business Analyst (Data)
Since 2011, THE ICONIC has redefined the future of retail in Australia and New Zealand. As the #1 fashion e-commerce destination in the region, our e-commerce platforms (Retail, Marketplace and Services) provide an inspiring and seamless end-to-end customer experience through our own technology innovations. We stand for benchmark-setting customer service, delivery options, returns policies, and curation of brands.
Working at THE ICONIC means joining a diverse and dynamic community of over 1,000 people working towards our purpose “To bring on the future of shopping”. This diversity is at the heart of everything we do and gives real meaning in creating a positive impact in the world, from our ethical sourcing and sustainability strategies to our community engagement and diversity.
Business Analyst at THE ICONIC
Reporting into the Group Product Manager for data, you will bridge technology and business value and become the go-to person for in-depth knowledge of our internal data sets, systems and use cases, championing the importance of how our data is collected, stored and used.
What you will do
- Own business and technical requirements gathering, through the facilitation of stakeholder workshops, conducting thorough data investigations, and clearly articulating business problems to the technical data team
- You will be the expert in both data content and data applications throughout the business, being able to identify opportunities, and advocate for all business decisions to be data-driven
- Ownership of third party tools for commercial planning, working closely with business partners and internal stakeholders to quickly resolve issues and identify areas of opportunity
- Perform solid ‘root cause’ analysis through data interrogation of internal databases and supporting tools
- Own user acceptance testing, as well as the ability to comprehensively document ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ system states and processes
- Contribute to solution design and delivery, working closely with both internal technical resources, and external consultants/third parties
- Work within the data team sprints, contributing to overall sprint velocity
- Support the Product Manager with Jira ticket creation, technical documentation and ceremony facilitation
What we are looking for
- Over 2 years experience in an agile and data environment, as a Technical Business Analyst or Data Consultant type role
- Experience in supporting and delivering analytics, BI and data solutions
- Strong knowledge of commercial data, and the application of data in the retail industry (knowledge/experience with commercial planning tools and models would be preferable)
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience in managing third party relationships, external stakeholders or technical account management
- Documenting, monitoring and revising the following artefacts in support of delivery: product requirements, process maps, use cases, user acceptance test plans, business models, data models and flows, project plans, and release notes
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- Experience with using and troubleshooting commercial planning tools such as IBM Planning Analytics / TM1 or Oracle (TM1 technical account management highly desired)
- Experience with cloud computing concepts (database management, compute, storage, streaming, serverless) (GCP preference)
- Experience with data visualization tools: Looker, Superset, Tableau
- Experience in the delivery of enterprise wide data solutions
- Experience with ERP or Warehouse Management Systems
Life at THE ICONIC
- We offer a hybrid and flexible working model so you can do your best work in a way that works for you.
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons, and access to Learning platforms
- Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and a $50 ICONIC Voucher to treat yourself
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals!
- Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully referring someone to THE ICONIC!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family