THE ICONIC Tech is driven by innovation and quality is highly valued. Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting THE ICONIC each month, it’s guaranteed you’re going to get first-hand feedback from customers on the code you deploy!
Our Engineering Department plans, builds and maintains the technology that drives THE ICONIC. Our ability to deliver fast, safe and scalable solutions are critical in delivering first-class experiences to our customers. Our teams are organised by business domain and take ownership of everything they do in a you built it, you own it, model.
A bit about the role
In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery and technological health of THE ICONIC Mobile Apps. You’ll be working closely with Product and Design, whilst collaborating with different Product and Engineering teams internally to execute on our vision and roadmap.
Your primary responsibility is to the people you support; ensuring that they are growing as engineers, delivering healthy technology, and generally having a great time at THE ICONIC. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, technical delivery and process.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead a team of mobile engineers, enable them to thrive, through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Identify and promote opportunities to extend and enhance the use of native mobile technologies
- Support the timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Grow a diverse, safe, healthy, collaborative engineering culture.
- Facilitate collaboration with the engineering teams, product managers/owners, and designers to solve challenging problems
- Improve and maintain team velocity through setting the right goals, improving developer experience, and creating a culture of accountability
Who you are
- You are a people leader! You know what it takes to build a winning engineering culture and are passionate about developing technical talent as a mentor and a coach
- You make things happen! You gather metrics and translate them into strategic initiatives that deliver performance and engagement uplifts
- You have a strategic mindset! You are able to balance both short-term and long-term objectives, and how timing, focus, and execution are used to achieve desired outcomes
- You are a technical leader! You have led mobile teams that make business impact and drive innovation
- You get things done! You have a track record of estimating, execution and delivering results
Here’s what you’ll need on your iconic Journey
- Experience leading a mobile engineering teams (iOS and Android) in both a technical and people management capacity
- A solid technical background is key so that you’re able to challenge your team members to be their best
- Experience applying agile and lean principles to solve problems at scale
- Experience launching and managing Mobile product/features
- Experience running critical production services
Here’s some extra things you may bring to the table
- Experience in mobile development with an e-commerce company
- Experience running mobile teams within a rapidly growing business
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Feel free to skip the commute and work from home. On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location
- Sweat out the stress using our discounted gym memberships
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and learning bank
- No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sale
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals.
- Feel supported beyond your day job with flexible hours, part time, paid parental leave, additional personal leave, family friendly workplace, first day of school off, birthday leave
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]