The Creative Content & Social department is the creative hub of THE ICONIC. Comprising photographers, writers and stylists, we are a loud, energetic bustling group of creatives, all striving to push the boundaries of what is considered market-leading fashion content.
We are on the hunt for a skilled Senior Graphic Designer with a strong portfolio of digital work to join our art team. This role would suit someone with 6 +years’ experience as a graphic designer, and is now looking to take the next step in their career. A digitally-focused role, you will create engaging and fresh art which supports our retail marketing endeavors.
- Working with the senior creative team in bringing to life the creative vision for the brand.
- Focus on bringing all Womens and Kids content to life, across all channels.
- Producing mobile-first designs that are eye-catching and on-brand.
- Conceptualising ideas with the team, and actively contributing to developing THE ICONIC’s visual brand identity.
- Working across day-to-day design needs from multiple departments - delivering multi-platform digital design across all platforms (ranging from web, app, social and print, to large-scale designs for interiors and events).
- Working with creative leads and external stakeholders through all design stages from initial brief, iterations to finished art.
- Day-to-day management of junior graphic designers and creative output in the Womens & Kids squad.
- Present page layouts that best represent the story and content, in close collaboration with design lead, styling and UX teams.
- Support Managing Editor & Head of Creative Content & Social to ensure the graphics team work effectively, meeting deadlines and business objectives.
- Identifying roadblocks early - from resource to budget - and propose measures to mitigate.
- 6+ years of experience in graphic design, must have experience within a fashion/retail company, agency or fashion e-commerce.
- A strong portfolio of outstanding graphic design and typography skills with a heavy focus on digital and branding.
- Is a process-driven and strategic thinker - keen to improve existing workflow and implement best-practice.
- Always strives to push the boundaries, with knowledge in current technologies and a keen interest in global design and fashion trends
- Proficiency in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Figma, Microsoft PowerPoint & Google slides. Motion/animation skills (After Effects) will be an advantage.
- Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into engaging designs with high visual impact.
- Confident and collaborative approach to concept work and ideation.
- Understands the strength of storytelling and creates pages that complement and bring to life the editorial content created by the wider team.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadline-focused, especially when under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain something to a non-designer quickly and with patience.
- Exposure to social media projects is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of fashion design and photography advantageous.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively with the rest of the art team.
- Detail-oriented, process and deadline-driven with an ability to manage multiple projects per week.
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]