Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain, and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of more than USD$100m and a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series D in 2020, raising US$80m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
We are looking for a talented engineering manager to join our Controls team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining a group of services that orchestrate the selection of offers and implementation of eligibility criteria. We are looking for engineers who are able to wrap their heads around incredibly complex challenges and come up with elegant solutions that transform our clients’ businesses.
You will be expected to apply your strong engineering, problem solving and leadership skills to prioritise and execute on new feature development and improvements to the existing platform. This will include working closely with the Product team to help prioritise and translate feature requests into clear engineering requirements, collaborating with your team of engineers.
You will be leading a team that forms a cohort of high performing teams across a multitude of disciplines within Rokt’s relevancy pillar. You will work closely with your peers to ensure we are driving towards sustainable system architectures and organisational structures.
- Work with the Product Manager to influence the direction of the product as well as collaborating with your engineering team to translate feature requests into clear technical requirements for prioritisation and implementation.
- Manage the operational support and incident recoveries to ensure the smooth and continuous running of the services.
- Manage and mentor the team by actively supporting them to develop their careers and to challenge them to step outside of their comfort zone for growth and development.
- BSc, MSc or above in Computer Science or equivalent, or similar experience
- 6+ years experience in Software Engineering with the last 2+ years in an engineering leadership role
- Experience in managing teams in building and scaling microservices, front-to-back, in a public cloud setting, with AWS preferred
- Experience in employee performance and career growth management
- Must have experience in building highly scalable and low latency distributed systems.
- Experience with DevOps practices, CI/ CD pipelines and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience working with JVM languages, especially functional Scala, is highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator across all levels of the organization
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus, join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.