HotDoc is changing healthcare by bringing in a modern, easy and accessible digital experience for managing how you visit your doctor. We take pride in helping over 20,000 Practitioners across Australia boost patient loyalty and provide proactive, sustainable healthcare to over 10 million patients.
What’s in it for you?
HotDoc is hiring for a Data Engineering Lead as we define the modern digital health care experience. Our mission during this transition to digital-first health care is to help practitioners maintain and even improve their standard of care while keeping everything as safe and accessible as possible for patients. This is an opportunity to work for a fast-growing health-tech startup where your actions make a difference to millions of patients and tens of thousands of health care providers across Australia, now and into the future.
You will work on green fields projects in a high impact business with a fun and diverse team. This will be a foundational role as we grow — you’ll get to grow with us, and experience your contribution to the company first hand. You will create products you can be proud of, and that our users love. And we offer a market salary, with startup perks, in a flexible and remote-friendly work environment.
This role is open to remote workers located within Australia and New Zealand.
What will you be doing?
In this role you'll help set a vision for data-driven, automated company operations, and work with a small team of dedicated engineers and data scientists to execute that vision.
- Help GP clinics, and the health care industry more broadly, transition to telehealth and digital-first care delivery.
- Architect and build modern, cloud-first data pipelines to support product features, business operations automation, and internal & customer-facing metrics & reporting.
- Set the way the data function operates — managing a small team of data engineers, leading how other engineering teams interact with our data platform, and codifying HotDoc’s framework for incorporating new systems, datasets, reports, and analytics.
What you must have to apply for this role
- Experience building data pipelines end-to-end, from source systems to data products.
- Experience working with modern data engineering technologies like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Apache Airflow, or similar.
- Fluency in Python and SQL.
What we’d love you to have
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices, using software collaboration tools like GitHub.
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to determine requirements at all scales, whether it’s to support a whole-of-business operations process, or a specific statistic to be included in a specific report requested by a customer.
- Experience leading engineers in a small, dynamic team
- Wisdom to know when to extend existing tools, when to build new ones, and when to just use a spreadsheet.
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- You’re passionate about technology, health IT and/or SaaS
What do our employees love about working for HotDoc?
- We are an employee first company - to provide the best possible patient experience, we need to look out for our employees
- You will have the flexibility to work from our office which is full of natural light, lush greenery and a balcony that overlooks the Yarra River and to work from the comfort of your home.
- You can also work completely remote in this role - we have Remote Work Guidelines to support our remote workers.
- If you are in our office, our kitchen is full of fresh fruit, snacks, Kombucha & serious coffee machine. We have free breakfast on a Monday and free lunch on Fridays.
- Access to a fortnightly fItness subsidies, yearly mindfulness subsidy, 2x weekly in-house yoga sessions, health coaching and access to nutrition and exercise advice.
- Access to a dedicated clinical psychologist through our Employee Assistance Program.
Watch a video about what it is like to work at HotDoc here
HotDoc is a place where you can be you.
We celebrate diversity at HotDoc and completed a Census in 2020 which is our first step to transparently reporting on diversity data gathered annually from all employees.
We welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you would like to find out more about our Census results and how we celebrate diversity, please click here.