Talent Acquisition Recruiter
6 Month Contract
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Talent Recruiter for a 6 month contract to join our International recruiting team and directly impact Baraja’s growth, engagement and culture by strategically attracting top talent to drive our top of the funnel sourcing efforts.
Inside the Job
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through traditional and creative sourcing techniques (LinkedIn Recruiter, Meetups, GitHub, Slack etc).
- Get stuck into a broad range of functions including Sales, Engineering, Product and Executive hiring.
- Regularly track pipeline activity and market insights to share with talent partners, People Team and hiring managers.
- Recommend improvements that impact local and global initiatives including, employment branding recommendations, event & job board strategies and candidate communications.
- Day-to-day support with ad hoc talent attraction, selection and on-boarding activities such as: job ads, resume screening, pre-screening interviews, market mapping and new hire check ins.
- Primary focus on Sydney and US, with flexibility to support EMEA other regions when required.
- Experience in an In-House or Agency Recruiter / Sourcing or Resourcing role.
- We prefer you have more that 2 years of experience in the Talent space.
- Demonstrated success identifying and engaging passive candidates who convert into happy employees!
- Skilled at taking a detailed job brief whilst you keep candidate potential in mind.
- Have experience with LinkedIn Recruiter and ATS systems.
- You get a buzz out of making connections and identifying top talent.
- Strong ability to absorb information and ask questions to uncover opportunities.
- Passion for cultivating and promoting an exceptional candidate experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle a broad range of roles.
- Beyond “filling roles” you’re dedicated to matching people with opportunities. \
- Social media savvy with a penchant for storytelling.
- Natural ability to build rapport quickly and authentically.
- Willingness to get stuck in, continuously learn and develop your craft.
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - what we’re doing is ambitious and difficult, so we’ll need plenty of hustle to get it done.
- Develop sustained high performance - we’re figuring out what high performance looks like for the people on our team so we can support them and each other to perform at our best sustainably.
- Build the machine that builds the machine - it’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!