Drive Yello helps businesses efficiently manage last-mile delivery and connects them to gig economy drivers, so they can meet the ever-increasing demand for convenience. We have ambitious growth plans and are looking for an inspiring Engineering Leader to drive the scaling of our application architecture and tech teams. We work with some of the largest retail clients here in Australia which include Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Coles, Terry White Chemmart just to name a few.
The Yello Platform provides retailers unprecedented access to data and control of last-mile delivery and has proven to help businesses not only improve their delivery service but also enable them to provide delivery on demand. Retailers are attracted to Drive Yello as they not only get access to innovative technology but a marketplace of couriers to help them provide the convenience customers are demanding.
About the role
Drive Yello is searching for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Operations team. The Data Analyst will be responsible for our data & analytics projects and act as a link between tech and business. The role is a combination of both environments where you are going to scope, translate business requirements, support data warehouse development and have actual impact on our logistics platform.
- Lead – from ideation to execution – several of Yello’s growth and performance improvement initiatives with direct revenue or cost impact
- Take ownership of the data science and analytics initiatives to strengthen our decision-making and effectiveness
- Interact with clients and platform users to gather business and system requirements
- Work across multiple functions with their respective teams, adopting a ‘multi-role’ style in problem-solving, developing sustainable solutions and functional specification
- Develop and maintain data warehouse, workflows, processes, reports in Google BigQuery and Microsoft PowerBI environments
- Prepare assets, models and dashboards to present findings, market and industry condition insights
- Implement best practices of data modelling design in development and maintenance of databases
- Provide senior management with regular business and project updates
- Consolidate and implement best practices across the business
- Support senior management with regular and ad hoc reports, business cases and other critical topics
- Master degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, Business or similar
- You gained at least 3-5 years of professional experience (not counting internships) as an analyst in a leading management consulting or tech startup
- You possess a hands-on mentality and outstanding logical and analytical thinking skills, combined with knowledge of SQL, R/Python and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with the ability to iterate in dynamic conditions
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- An ability to explain complex concepts and ease in persuading people and groups
- You are highly motivated and communicative, very energetic and independent in handling business challenges
- You thrive in the challenge and are comfortable with ambiguity
Base salary range of $80k to $90k per annum plus superannuation.