What you will do
As a Senior Software Developer at Dovetail, you will be expected to:
- Identify, define, design and implement technical solutions for Dovetail’s web product to successfully fulfil the needs of our customers
- Work closely with the CEO, CTO, other developers, external stakeholders, and customers to proactively gather, understand and prioritise areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with colleagues to evolve the existing feature set for Dovetail’s web product, including both “backend” and “frontend” development.
- Maintain and foster a pragmatic approach to software development within and across our teams (think - “Just in time engineering”)
- Mentor colleagues to promote team wide career and personal growth through established practices like code review, pair programming, design sparring, etc.
- Contribute new features written in programming languages like TypeScript Node.js, TypeScript React, HTML, and CSS.
- Collaborate on, improve, and maintain detailed guidelines and standards for product development processes and application security based on industry best practices and your experience.
As a Senior Software Developer, ideally you will join us with:
- Several years writing code and managing teams at other startups or world-class software companies. You should be able to hit the ground running and step into team management as we grow.
- The mindset of a problem solver or problem finder
- Extensive hands-on exposure to building the frontend and backend of web products with technology like TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Node, ProseMirror, PostgreSQL and AWS.
- Practical knowledge of how to architect cloud services so they can scale to thousands of concurrent users worldwide (“web-scale” if you will!)
- An understanding of all roles involved in product development—from product management to marketing—and the ability to explain how each one adds value to the business.
- Excellent, concise communication so you can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with other teammates, founders, and customers.
- The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and uncertainty about the future that comes with working at an early-stage startup.
- Experience articulating constructive criticism on architectural or design decisions beyond phrases like “I don’t like it” or “it doesn’t look good”.
- The ability to offer thoughtful opinions on important business decisions like fundraising, hiring, and establishing management structure if / when it’s required.
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- Flexible working hours – we value work-life balance.
- Personal learning and development budget.
- Office snacks, cereal, sparkling water on tap.
- Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, Aeron chairs.
- Pet friendly office including a terrace, BBQ, concrete floor.
- Regular events like yoga on Tuesday and monthly social events.
- Annual company retreats
This is a full time role in Sydney, Australia. If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, please apply now.