Position Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Reporting Line: Principal Software Reliability Engineer
Contract Type: Full-time
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Starting Date: ASAP
About Assembly Payments and CurrencyFair
Assembly Payments is one of the fastest growing FinTechs with a presence in Australia, Singapore, the Philippines and the US. We help our customers build automated payment workflows & payment gateways through APIs, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible & reducing the complexity of running both classic and digital-native businesses.
We recently announced our merger with Currency Fair, a global cross-border payments platform which allows individuals and SMEs to manage their international payments through a digital self-service account, with offices in Ireland, UK, Hong-Kong, Singapore & Australia.
Our combined structure of 170 people, now plans to expand our presence across APAC, Europe, the Middle-East, and the US. We are therefore looking for skilled, motivated & passionate people who want to be part of the next generation of global payments.
The Platforms Engineering Team
The Platforms Engineering team is part of the CFAP Engineering team, and is responsible for leading delivery tooling and practices, particularly Infrastructure Automation. They also have a key role in supporting Dev*Ops and SRE practices and methodologies throughout the organisation; and providing support and consultation to the other engineering teams.
The team also takes a frontline role in compliance and security practises, requirements and delivery, as well as establishing patterns and guidelines for delivery systems and tools and processes to support the organisation scale and grow efficiently; working closely with a range of stakeholders including the broader Engineering team, Product, Security, and Risk & Compliance.
- Develop and support product, process and delivery automation
- Develop, support and promote patterns, guidelines and processes for development/security/compliance/infrastructure systems/tooling.
- Build and support product, process and delivery automation
- Provide technical support and leadership for Development Tools/Systems, Continuous Integration, infrastructure automation and tooling
- Work directly with other developers, and cross-functional team members to ensure that Continuous Integration, Infrastructure As Code, Security, Compliance and Test Driven Development are embedded within the development systems and culture
- Work with other developers to provide technical support for transactional and warehouse database utilisation, maintenance and design
- Ensure Service Reliability, Security, Compliance, Resilience and Scalability for Production systems
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree / equivalent experience in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- At least 3+ years experience working with AWS Cloud Environments
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate certification or equivalent would be well regarded
- Have a proven track record of providing development and infrastructure support to internal and external customers.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools and Infrastructure As Code languages; such as AWS Cloudformation, Buildkite, Jenkins, Terraform etc
- Experience with Delivering complex services with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with developing and supporting patterns, guidelines and procedures for development and platform teams
- Experience working in a Dev<Security | Finance | Support etc>Ops environment and being part of a cross functional team
- Experience working with GoLang, Ruby on Rails, Python, shell (bash) scripting
- Be highly methodical and process-driven
- Be good with people, technical language, and have robust written and oral communication skills
- Be a self-starter but enjoy collaborating with others
- Focus on outcomes and feel rewarded by solving problems
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn and adapt as the company continues to grow
In return Assembly and CurrencyFair are offering
- Global market exposure in an agile & flat organization where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success
- A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new everyday, alongside amazing professionals
- A fun and flexible work environment. Work remotely or in our creative and vibrant offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, India and Manila
- Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring constant professional development with your line manager & our L&D programs
Assembly and CurrencyFair are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Learn more about us visit our website www.assemblypayments.com and www.currencyfair.com