Brighte is Australia’s leading point of sale finance platform for solar, batteries & home improvements.
We’re recognised as one of Australia’s leading fintech companies, having been ranked the 2nd fastest growing Technology Business in Australia (and 4th fastest in APAC) in the Deloitte Fast 50/500 (2019) and winning the inaugural Finder Green Award (2020).
We’re a high performing team that is backed by Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital as well as Qualgro Partners. We’re also recognised as a leading FinTech by the Australian Financial Review, Fintech Business Awards and KPMG & H2 Ventures in their Fintech 100 list.
We continue to expand into exciting new products and channels that support vendors and their customers in the energy & home improvement industries, and we have only just started on what we want to achieve.
We’re customer centric, innovative, accountable and inclusive, with a passion to make a difference.
What will you do
This is a an exciting opportunity to join us at a time of growth, you will have the ability to improve and expand on Brighte's fraud and monitoring technology, this is the perfect opportunity to develop and grow in the position and within the company.
A key aspect of the role is to provide advanced analytics and information management to enhance the company’s overall fraud detection strategy and investigations methodology. You will enjoy looking for data trends.
- Working closely with the Head of Credit, put in place effective controls and strategies to mitigate the incidence of fraud within Brighte and with its vendors and agents.
- Develop strategic intelligence product, providing valuable business insight into the trends across the fraud systems and investigation outcomes.
- Deliver intelligence rich information to support decision making across investigation teams.
- Proactively seek access to information systems and/or intelligence sources that will increase our fraud risk insight.
- Through risk assessment practices identify risks and opportunities for the existing fraud control measures and support the translation of insight into tactical project and detection design
- Daily monitoring of suspicious transactions and activities
- Critically examine trends and data points for indications of fraud and investigate thoroughly
- Utilise systems and contacts to keep up to date with fraud mitigation techniques including with Equifax, the Clean Energy Council, and others
- Record and report on investigations undertaken
- Case manage fraudulent activities if identified
- Promote fraud awareness within Brighte
- Liaison with the sales to discuss and remedy actions arising in respect of vendor and agent monitoring
- Provide ad hoc support to Brighte’s Complaints Manager as required, managing cases and responses
What we are looking for
- 3 years+ experience in a similar role in a financial services organisation
- Experience in intelligence or investigations into fraudulent or criminal activity’
- Experience of building successful stakeholder relationships.
- Third party introducer experience preferred (e.g. brokers, agents etc)
- Experience with business analytics creating data driven insight
- Skilled facilitator with strong presentation expertise.
- Interprets complex data
- Project management skills in order to achieve established goals and objectives
- Ability to review business processes and make recommendations for improvement, taking into consideration operational efficiencies, fraud risks and user requirements
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to prepare and present reports and negotiate and liaise with a wide range of stakeholders
- Follows instincts and facts
- Highly inquisitive and proactive
- Strikes appropriate balance between risk management and commercial outcomes (within Brighte’s risk appetite)
- Forward Planning, analysing, and evaluating
- University Degree desirable
- Embodies our Brighte values: Deserve the Customer, Brighter Together, Be Human, Call the Ball and Think Big Stay Green
More reasons to work for us- Brighte Perks
- Competitive salary and opportunity to participate in our Employee Share Option Plan- we want to build a successful company and success means creating and sharing this value together
- Awesome team culture
- We offer flexible working options to support the Whole You
- Competitive Parental (including secondary) leave policy
- An inclusive workplace where we celebrate diversity
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes 6 sessions for financial, work, relationship, or wellbeing support
- We celebrate and shine a light on our accomplishments and everyday victories through our Brighte Stars Recognition and Reward program
- We like to surprise, delight, and have fun together through social and team events
- A well-stocked pantry with lots of goodies, including daily fresh fruit, espresso coffee, yoghurt, Tim Tams and many more snacks to make work feel a little more like home
- We have beer, Kombucha and wine on tap and a ping pong table (of course)
- End-of-Trip Facilities available for bicycle parking, and showers with towels and hair dryers provided
If you’re ready to step into a business and culture that will challenge and excite you, apply now and let’s make a difference together!