We are a fast growing society of dreamers who are hardworking, passionate and slightly coffee obsessed.
We’re currently on the hunt for a Junior Art Director who will be responsible for managing the creative production of our brand and product campaigns. This means that you are responsible for the seamless delivery of all photo, video and animation production shoots.
You will be responsible for the art direction of all shoot productions, and assisting the Creative Lead in the ideation and concept creation of the creative brief. This means that you will also be required to create and design artwork for presentations and mood-boards. You will ensure that you remain the custodian of bringing the creative vision to life within brand guidelines and personality.
You will manage all shoot deliverables, ensuring all assets are handed over to the internal digital team to kick start their roll-out process. This role requires that you liaise with all external suppliers from location agents, modelling agencies, photographers to videographers etc, as well as managing locations, wardrobe and props with our Stylist and Production Coordinator.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
JUNIOR ART DIRECTION
- Support the Creative Lead and work collaboratively within the Product, eCommerce and Marketing teams to bring the product and brand vision to life.
- Ensure synergy in art direction, photography, video, graphics and content is delivered in-line with campaign objectives and within brand guidelines.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of commercial acumen throughout all creative endeavours. Utilise art direction and design to both sell products and create brand equity.
- Work collaboratively with the Product team to bring to life the brand's vision through its product design. This includes coordinating on product styling aligning to creative vision as well as clearly articulating its features and benefits through the use of art direction.
- SHOOT MANAGEMENT
Manage, create and deliver briefs on the creative production for all shoots. Clearly articulate your ideas to stakeholders for final approval before shoot day. Collaborate on feedback, as well as provide detailed checklists and run sheets to ensure each shoot runs smoothly and delivers on (or exceeds!) expectations.
- Execute product and campaign shoots within budget, including location, creatives, talent, assistants, props and wardrobe.
- Managing the creation of set designs including art direction and execution for both studio or location sets. This includes sourcing props, building sets and whatever else required to bring the vision to life.
- Manage suppliers in keeping to their individual timelines and deliverables. Responsible for all assets arriving on time and to brief, ensuring that marketing calendar deadlines are met.
- Retouch and correct images or videos, or manage this process with externals to ensure content is consistent, accurate and of the highest standard.
- More than five years experience in a similar role.
- You are a highly creative thinker with excellent problem-solving abilities, you are able to see the challenges, and effectively find solutions.
- You are highly organised with exceptional time management; you understand the importance of timelines, and approach all projects with acumen to adhere to deadlines for campaigns.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, understand key priorities and meet deliverable deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a natural leader with a strong drive and initiative. You are able to manage and delegate proficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with outstanding ability to communicate with external creative suppliers, as well as senior management.
- You work autonomously and with initiative; highly collaborative with the wider team when required
- Passion for homewares, architecture, photography, fashion and art and how it reflects and relates back into a marketing and commercial avenue
- An understanding of cutting edge design aesthetic and concept execution that is adaptable to print and digital media including social media assets, blog content and email marketing.
- You have a no limits approach to your creative flare, you know that to really cut through and gain traction with customers your creative has to be different, unique and fun
- You understand the constraints of budgets at times, and are able to find solutions
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Working understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Post-production skills in both photography and basic video editing are a bonus.
At The Sheet Society, it’s more than a workplace, it’s a community. With that in mind, we’re committed to making sure our employees are as happy in the workplace as our customers are in bed. Which is why our perks include:
- Staff Parking and great public transport links at our Warehouse & HQ in Brunswick
- Snack/fruit bar and drinks on a Friyay
- ‘Sweet Dreams Day’ - a day off on your birthday
- Communal kitchen providing, fruit, bickies, and lots of coffee
- Access to Wellbeing initiatives and ‘lunch-&-learn’ events
- A social calendar with fun events held throughout the year
- Generous staff discounts
- Dog friendly Fridays
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.